No announcement yet.

OK, time for Portia to step down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is the policy...there is no way in hell the people of Jamaica should be shelling out $35,000 US to purchase a vehicle for a government minister...$12,000 US tops with no option to purchase after you leave office...I don't even subscribe to the idea of purchasing vehicles for ministers...sacrifice like the rest of us do...especially if you are taking on this job in service of your country

Comment

Another thing is this ridiculous "tradition" of having the SUV's running with AC on while the minster is in parliament, so that when they return the car is cool...what kinda assness is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        In response to the vehicle issue, where parliamentarians are getting expensive vehicles from our taxes, she says being a politician should not mean that you should not be living as well as you did before, and that in some cases, our parliamentarians are making less than they were before.

Then whose frikin problem is that, Madame PM?!?!?

I maintain that Jamaica cannot afford expensive SUVs for our MPs. A good Camry would do the job just fine! Even the top end Camry is less expensive and more economical than a Prado. We need to stop acting as if we not being bailed out by the IMF. If Haitian ministers did this we would say how stupid they are. We need to realise we are not much better!

Less than 12 months after voting for her to be PM?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

so where is the policy from Portia and her cabinet that when her ministers leave them leave the vechile them for the people who follow.

Do tell me they are complaining about that policy and one year in with a 2/3 majority they can't change it. It is not business as usual now. We are in recession and we have the biggest cabinet ever, biggest consultant bill and now vechile and you going to cut civil service and offer them no pay increase???

You don't see anything wrong there?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

nothing wrong with selling the 2006s. But all the others should have stayed.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the problem is not who you vote for, but holding them accountable and demand productitvity from them.

Betty Ann Blaine looking good now but when she win she might be the same. Key is to hold them accountable with pressure and demanding more.

Comment

Stop dissect d post nuh...cho! I'm sure of the ALL people who have one, some MAY not be blinging...

Mi seh "Prado seem to be a status symbol in Jamaica and with Caribbean politicians...why I don't know.....as with most things Jamaican - it's all about the bling...yu a joke one Minister in TT buy a Porshe SUV....
                Last edited by Exile; November 23, 2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Is there some time rule I am not observing here?

Was I ever for Portia as PM?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But the finance minister have a role in this too. LOL.

Comment

It's a job perk...incentive scheme..work hard as Minister..keep your portfolio and after 3 yrs you get a used vehicle to buy at book value I assume....not rocket science...many companies do this...

Comment

You have a problem with AC...admit it...

Comment

Work hard ? Companies.. ?

Real comedian..

Comment

Yu a easy fish fi bait....sarcasm wasted on you...

Comment

..but dont take the word 'fish' in it's colloquial context..

Comment

Book value...which 2006 vehicle sell fi $600,000 JA?

Comment

Working...
                                X