No announcement yet.

Teen Chess Champion Rochelle Ballantyne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO Child Left behind concentrate on getting the kids to standard so the teach might pay more attention to the kids that are lagging.
    That is exactly what it is. I understand to a point still since the goal is to raise the lowest up to a minimum standard, but it not working out too well for me. Look like the 47% start hold me back yah now...whe Mitt deh again? LOL.

I have started to do the same kind of thing, get the first grade reading books and start work through them with her. No never heard of the IB program...wha dat?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IB_Diploma_Programme

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna..._Baccalaureate

In a lot of countries but the US see it as (to world centric). It is now in some school district. I had a friend who went to Immaculate and then grew up in Switerland and did this. I have another friend who graduated and got good scholarship. My niece now doing it and normally the school she is going is one you wouldn't want to send your kids too.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Interesting....will have to read up some more pon it, thanks.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"a transplant surgeon"

What....hair or tree?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lololol!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Why unnu on HL case dis week!
              could you just leave me alone sah....thanks.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IB_Diploma_Programme

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna..._Baccalaureate

In a lot of countries but the US see it as (to world centric). It is now in some school district. I had a friend who went to Immaculate and then grew up in Switerland and did this. I have another friend who graduated and got good scholarship. My niece now doing it and normally the school she is going is one you wouldn't want to send your kids too.
                the us college board also offers ap courses... if your child goes to an ap school it is worth your while to have them pursue ap...ap=advanced placement... college credits in h.s.
                Peter R

Comment

No! I am here to make your miserable life more so!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yeah PR, I know a few kids who did college credit in high school and some Comm College admit high school kids early as well.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

In NYC the specialized high schools are top notch in the land. The BOE has opened more specialized schools (this time embedded on CUNY campuses). Right now high school seniors are taking calculus classes with freshmen (this is not AP straight college credit).

Therefore to make a general statement and say public schools in America sucks is wrong.

Comment

The American public K-12 school system is a mess. There are exceptions and areas of excellence as there are anywhere else( ever heard of Campion or Immaculate in JA? ) , but the system as a whole is a mess and underperforms, especially compared to the rest of the developed world.
                        Last edited by Islandman; November 11, 2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Even in NYC. While NYC is better than a few years ago. Rockland, Westchester and LI etc are much better than NY schools.

Public education on a whole is a mess, even with very good technology in some of the inner city schools. The fact is not many programs can compete with the IB program as it requires good science scores, at least 2 language and a rounded international program.

Comment

Well as we know technology alone can't do it. Takes a lot of on the ground, hard work. The whole system is in need of reform, from teachers unions to parents involvement. Most Americans have no idea how much competition is going to be out there from the rest of the world. Them worried bout China but them should be worried bout India more.

Comment

Working...
                            X