Islandman, was just on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman, was just on the road

and was listening to Rush. I heard him saying that 3 million republicans didn't vote. Any idea if his number is credible or did he pull it out of one of his drug bottle?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

He could be right. Just look at the voting percentages of heavily red states.

The City Of Milwaukee, which is heavily Democratic, just announced an 87 per cent turnout for the election, compared to 70 percent for the state of Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      He could be right. Just look at the voting percentages of heavily red states.

The City Of Milwaukee, which is heavily Democratic, just announced an 87 per cent turnout for the election, compared to 70 percent for the state of Wisconsin.
      Okay thanks! I guess he has given Trump something to start another twitter outburst.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Never heard specifically about Republicans but the story I have heard is that there were about 6 million less white voters in 2012 than 2008. I can believe that at least half of those were Republican so maybe there is something to that.

What conclusion do you draw from that though? I think it depends on where most these potential voters live. Were they mostly in NY/NJ and affected by the Sandy and decided that Obama had those states in the bag anyway so why bother with the headache? How many were in places like California and Texas where the race was not close and they didn't really think any of the candidates were worth voting for? Don't know the answer really.

In the aftermath of the election loss there is a serious debate going on in the GOP. The extremists like Rush are trying to make the case that that there are still enough traditional white voters out there for them to win because Romney lost 3-4 states by very slim margins, so don't come tell him bout they need to reach out to Hispanics and other minorities. The more moderate wing is saying that it is only going to get harder as thousands of young Hispanics turn 18 every 4 years. We will see who will prevail.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

or maybe romney did not inspire them to vote

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yea, and there was always that Mormon thing that the evangelicals were never comfortable with. Maybe they couldn't bring themselves to vote for him.

Romney actually ended up with less votes than McCain did. The margin of victory for Obama was closer this time because Obama's numbers dropped off as well and by a larger amount.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I think we should all hope that Rush, FoxNews (with Hannity....) and the rest of the extremists...continue in their same path. That they help churn out candidates like Akin et al.

Notice during the last few months, Romney moderated his positions on lots of issues? It was this moderation that attracted the undecided voters.

But again...let hope they'all continue this ignorant rant.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
              X