No announcement yet.

Islandman, Karl and others in Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman, Karl and others in Florida.

What the hell is wrong with Florida and elections? Unuh have early voting from bout last year (just an emphasis) and couldn't done count on time? Time the Board of Elections get fired. The long lines I see, why not add more polling stations?

I guess in trying to have an impact on the election, Florida can be seen as "in spite of..."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

bill clinton aka the closer!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

This time it was much more of a deliberate attempt at causing problems than incompetence. Remember it is the state govt that makes those decisions and the republicans control the state govt.

They cut early voting from 2 weeks down to 1, they cut out the Sunday before elections voting because they know about the "Souls to the Polls" effort that the black churches have been successful with in getting out the vote.

The good (and surprising for me ) news is that it didn't work and I believe the governor will pay dearly for it next election, as he should.
      Last edited by Islandman; November 7, 2012, 10:16 AM.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        This time it was much more of a deliberate attempt at causing problems than incompetence. Remember it is the state govt that makes those decisions and the republicans control the state govt.

They cut early voting from 2 weeks down to 1, they cut out the Sunday before elections voting because they know about the "Souls to the Polls" effort that the black churches have been successful with in getting out the vote.

The good (and surprising for me ) news is that it didn't work and I believe the governor will pay dearly for it next election, as he should.
        Islandman, I moved to Fort Lauderdale in 2008 from the Chicago suburbs where I lived for close to 12 years. Before that I lived in LA, NYC and NJ (10 years collectively) and spent my high school years and university in the Southern Ontario region.

I can tell you UNEQUIVOCALLY that South Florida (I won't speak for the entire state) is rife with incompetence. It is downright scary. My experience with schools, church, social organizations, my daughter's football team, my son's basketball team etc. etc. has left me absolutely STUNNED at how incompetent these institutions/organizations are. Their inability to organize and to execute is horrific. I could give you a million examples, but let's just leave it at "trust me". It would be too depressing to go through anyway.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I hear you, we have some of that where I am as well, but you don't think there was also an organized effort to make it more difficult to vote this time? Why cut early voting from 2 weeks to one for example? Why cut out the last Sunday of voting?

It was quite bad in Central FL for most of early voting. Fortunately I have flexible hours and could work around it and vote during the workweek but most working class people do not.

I believe this was real and I am usually the last person to buy into conspiracy theories.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            I hear you, we have some of that where I am as well, but you don't think there was also an organized effort to make it more difficult to vote this time? Why cut early voting from 2 weeks to one for example? Why cut out the last Sunday of voting?

It was quite bad in Central FL for most of early voting. Fortunately I have flexible hours and could work around it and vote during the workweek but most working class people do not.

I believe this was real and I am usually the last person to buy into conspiracy theories.
            Cutting off the Sunday had one purpose and one purpose only - no loading up the school buses to take African Americans from church to the polls. There is no question that there were concerted efforts to disenfranchise, but this was the case 12 years ago. Why hasn't it changed? I remember the accusations of democratic manipulation of ballots in Cook County (Chicago) when I lived there. No question that occured there as well.

The American system is not as clean as you would expect - there are still places in America where you can vote without ID or proof of citizenship. Yet they are quick to run around the world to ensure fair voting. What a joke...don't ever accuse them of cleaning up their backyard before they come to sh*t in yours. BTW - I still hold a green card and doubt I will ever become a US Citizen.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I hope HL doesn't read this!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You live in the 3rd World my friend....

Comment

Working...
                X