No announcement yet.

President for a Second Term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I truly hope your optimism is well-placed...although there are some genetic linkages...

Florida did well despite the money spent but also some serious bad things were going on in education down there with teachers etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
      There's a looong road ahead for America and race relations...the election brought out and unearth some really dirty linen...voices from the woodwork...for those in know, they were always there...Florida surprised me...welll done!
      There are bigger problems than race relations. Obama's next 4 years has to be focused on jobs, controlling the deficit and reducing the debt. With 12-23m people out of work, 47m people on food stamps, a vanishing middle clase, he has a big job in front of him. He can't blame what he inherited any more so he's got to deliver. With each kid under 18's share of the national debt being $218,000 the future of the country is in deep sh*t if these problems aren't tackled. It gets very difficult with the obstructionist Republican house who have to really ask themselves if opposing the President on every issue using underhanded tactics is going to be in the country's or their own best interest. I am not optimistic about the next 4 years; too much Johncrow deh bout. There are deep divisions in the country and each side looks to me like they're going to dig in. Interesting and troubling times.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Maybe its a major underlying problem for the non bipartisanship...not just talking about white/black....but America has to realize that the whole demographics of the country has changed and is rapidly changing...old myopic views will have to change and include marginalized people in the decision making process...Washington has not changed much...Obama got less white vote but increased in Hispanic vote....
        Yes, interesting times indeed.

Comment

Maybe its a major underlying problem for the non bipartisanship...not just talking about white/black....but America has to realize that the whole demographics of the country has changed and is rapidly changing...old myopic views will have to change and include marginalized people in the decision making process...Washington has not changed much...Obama got less white vote but increased in Hispanic vote....
          Yes, interesting times indeed.
          I guess that's my point. Reducing this to race is a distraction that ignores the seriousness of the issues facing the country. Part of the problem is that the problems can't be solved without some serious cuts to social programs and increases in taxes. The left is great at making people think that the rich are manipulating the republican party while the right is great at making people think that the left is all about tax and spend. The truth is that tax reform and entitlement reform BOTH need to be part of the solution, but they will continue to fight. Getting everyone to see the big picture without getting mired in the ideological details will be Obama's challenge. His legacy depends on it.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

People prefer to focus on that than the real work to be done...peeps nuh like di heavy lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              People prefer to focus on that than the real work to be done...peeps nuh like di heavy lifting.
              Well, there you go. America get juk.

Comment

Ok but I was "never reducing to race" and suggesting race relations as the solution to the US many ills....but to ignore race and demographics as serious developmental issues is also burying our heads.
                Obama will have a HUGE challenge with the entrenched GOP Congress who may not take his acceptance speech as an opening for 'unification'...

Comment

Exactly who are these 'people' and 'peeps' that you allude to?

Comment

Ok but I was "never reducing to race" and suggesting race relations as the solution to the US many ills....but to ignore race and demographics as serious developmental issues is also burying our heads.
                    Obama will have a HUGE challenge with the entrenched GOP Congress who may not take his acceptance speech as an opening for 'unification'...
                    Obama needs to go to "Clinton school" if he wants his second term to be successful.

Comment

Tell me about it. Feeling it right now since I put my daughter in public school. Them beg money more than my school in JA beg money.

The current FL governor is a disgrace and what he had done to attempt to suppress the vote was criminal. Hope he loses reelection.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                      X