Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark's and Jakan culture

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-b...rks-in-jamaica

Very interesting! I'll read it after the results!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who would have thunk....haffi go write a book on Jakan Culture and Rag inna back pocket....or Diamond Socks....or BMW....

Comment

...and one about Ja and Okapi (ratchet)knives...
        Peter R

Comment

Stoni, another take on Clark's in Jamaican/Reggae culture

http://www.vogue.com/13365577/histor...t-boot-clarks/
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Ef I laugh tidday!

...superintendent Joe Williams, was known to raid the outdoor dances regularly held by Sir Coxsone Dodd’s legendary reggae sound system in his jurisdiction on Kingston’s Spanish Town Road and divvy up the crowd into Clarks and non-Clarks segments, so as to separate the rudeboys from all nice and decent people.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Mi down to 2. Walk I to a football game an a breddah from arnett look pon mi foot first and made some comment about mi Clarks sandals ... How him know after one cursory look is beyond me!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah, nice article. Funny seeing Michigan and Smilie, I remember when they were still in school and nice up de dance was a lick down the place.

Comment

And dem can tell if it genuine or if is a knock off from couple blocks away. Tink dem easy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I believe!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Clarks was a shoes I hated with a passion. I think they are so ugly. Just like how I hate Uggs.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          Clarks was a shoes I hated with a passion. I think they are so ugly. Just like how I hate Uggs.
                          That's ok. I find that nerds and social outcasts did not care much for the rude bwoy style.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jangle, what was your thing? BTW do you remember the shoes called 'Cougar Paws' this maybe slightly before your time, you could literally break out the chucky boo youth them between ballet style shoes and cougars, probably right around 79 - 82.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                              Jangle, what was your thing? BTW do you remember the shoes called 'Cougar Paws' this maybe slightly before your time, you could literally break out the chucky boo youth them between ballet style shoes and cougars, probably right around 79 - 82.
                              Hated those with a serious passion!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X