8 inch Ipad mini for $330. Is that low enough to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 inch Ipad mini for $330. Is that low enough to

take away sales from the Kindle Fire and other lower end tablets? I think it is because people are just hyped about owning Apple products and will pay more for less. Kindle Fire should continue to do well, not so sure about the other tablets than cannot offer what Amazon does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Reuters) - Apple Inc took the wraps off an 8-inch tablet on Tuesday in its biggest product move since the debut of the iPad two years ago, launching a smaller version of the gadget into a market staked out by Amazon.com Inc and Google Inc.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89M02S20121023
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

just got a Vizio running Google for under 200 bucks. Nice, 8 inches and light.

Also remember Windows 8 coming out and Windows also coming out with their line of product. They recently opened their first store in Long Island. The competition heat up yah now. You soon get tablets for 100 bucks.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lot of choices at decent prices out there , but Apple has a BIG advantage in pricing because of the "cool" factor. How many executives you know want anything but an iPad? Apple nuh inna the cutthroat price war war ting.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

at some point they will be forced to get involved... some ppl will forego apple after trying a product...

i'm seriously considering the galaxy s3 after using iphone for 3½ yrs... the screen size, additional memory card among other things...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Not fi me though...Sistren got the Ipad2 from work and most of the time all she do is play games when she out of the office. Not sure it is as productive as an old fashioned laptop.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re productivity - my view is that for some things a tablet is more convenient and hence more productive. Things which involve mostly accessing information ( ie reading books and magazines, googling, checking info on websites or via apps)

For doing things that involve a lot of keyboard work like creating a document I still prefer a computer. Even a long email gets tedious on a tablet for me.

Comment

I know a government agency who was testing google base phones to cut cost. Never saw the end results. Schools are using Apple tablets but I can see them going for a cheaper one.

Windows 8 with the same operating system for PCs and phone make sense and I will see how it take off when it is backed by HP or Dell.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

$200 fi a 9 inch HP Touchpad.

Comment

HPOS is the old PalmOS and it handles FBook and Twitter better than all the rest.

Comment

yeah mi still have one from back in the day. I think they may follow suit and go Windows 8 though.

Comment

Nope, they have released HPos as open source!
                      What Yuh mean back in the Day? The touchpad was released in July 2011 and klled 45 days later.

The new CEO says she will re-eeter the market.

It is a SUHWEEET OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Re productivity - my view is that for some things a tablet is more convenient and hence more productive. Things which involve mostly accessing information ( ie reading books and magazines, googling, checking info on websites or via apps)

For doing things that involve a lot of keyboard work like creating a document I still prefer a computer. Even a long email gets tedious on a tablet for me.
                        Windows Surface tablet with the detachable cover also acting as a keyboard seems like the perfect compromise. I hope to get my hands on one soon.

Comment

A brethren who does beta testing was demoing a windows 8 tablet with an external keyboard in the summer. If I can get another year or two with my laptop, and I might think about it in the future.
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Good OS technically, but not many developers and hence not enough apps to be a commercial success.

You have Android, you have iOS, there is space for maybe one more major platform to have a decent market share. My money is on Windows.

Comment

I am surprised that the windows phone platform has not done better so far, but With windows 8 on the PC working the same as on the phone maybe that will make people more comfortable with going that way. Hope so, we need a few options.

Comment

Working...
                              X