No announcement yet.

Millions to 'Zeeks'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Dide he pay taxes on this 'income'.] im quite sure...he had FRONT businesses like every other big criminal

Comment

Exactly...do we really want the police to be able to go around seizing funds willy nilly?

Comment

oh ... yes. if he got it for services there should be an invoice if he got it from goods there should have been an inventory etc. if it is from a legitimate source it should be traceable....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yep!!! should be.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            But hold on, he needs to prove the source of his income to avoid forfeiture. Well he is a PNP gunman.
            Gamma: How dis guh?
            Think in the USA you would have to prove source...but under our law it is that the burden of proof lies with prosecuting party? I am not sure what is the case! How hit guh, boss?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

criminal law is not my forte, but i think under the proceeds of crime act, the onus is on the person with the money to prove it is not the proceeds of a crime.

of course there is a kind of threshold in terms of how much money and the fact that it is cash and that it is not usual to have so much money in cash laying around

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

who tell you so. If they find you will a million dollar, you have to explain where you get if from and you have to report to uncle IRS.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Same way I interpret it! That's a whole lot of cash lying around!!
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

You gone to a million; try attempting to carry around $10,000 in cash. You would have some xplaining to do brother!!
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Im can get rab den!?

Comment

Audley Shaw was minister then, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

In the meantime, The Sunday Gleaner has learnt that the director of public prosecutions (DPP) is yet to rule if anyone should be criminally responsible for the cash that went missing from a vault at FID in October 2007.
                          YEP...OCTOBER 07

Comment

Working...
                          X