regarding gallup poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding gallup poll...

was reading nate silver's five thirty-eight blog and saw he wrote this about gallup... for people not familiar with nate silver, it's a good idea to google him...

'To be clear, I would not recommend that you literally just disregard the Gallup poll. You should consider it — but consider it in context.

The context is that its most recent results differ substantially from the dozens of other state and national polls about the campaign. It’s much more likely that Gallup is wrong and everyone else is right than the other way around.'
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

but they have the best RECORD

Comment

huh... best record... they have been wrong too many times to be taken seriously as gospel...

Comment

With a record of correctly predicting all but three of the 19 presidential races stretching back to 1936, Gallup is one of the most prestigious names in the business and its outlier status has other polling experts scratching their heads, Reuters reported.
        16/19

anyway i hope they are wrong

Comment

they will come around when everybody has predicted obama... gallup's issue is their margins and extreme swings... their outlier status is what is puzzling... they are not in step with most polls in terms of percentage points... you could go back and check the mccain/obama, bush/gore and other recent elections... they will come around near election time picking the winner...

Comment

Check Nate Silver's record...

Comment

Man swear by dem...Poll of Polls ...lol..bout dem nuh bias or influenced .
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Silver hit the nail on he head in 2008, but he hasn't had a long enough run to know how well his statistical aggregation of the polls works in different scenarios. This election should provide some answers.

His current projection of 288 electoral votes for Obama is about what I am expecting though, unless something significant changes that tonight.

Some man still saying landslide for Obama , bigger than 2008 though. LOL
                Last edited by Islandman; October 22, 2012, 06:29 PM.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

X, Sometimes me forget how far you have come in less than 12 months. Me really need fe have more patience with you.

My apologies sir. LOL.

Romney last Hurah might be Florida ,MIGHT !If he doesnt win it, Iowa was it before Santora was declared the winner.

Romney need a bath .The media hype dis bredda ,so much it embarrasing.every and anyone knows the tea party right wingers will get thier nominee,none a dem man deh can carry the tea party base of the South except Grinch and Santora.

They have nothing else out of that niche market.I say Grinch & Santora ticket because they are going to fight over the South and compromise on who will be the V.P.

Dem bredda deh in for a shock when dem loose a couple red states,Obama a guh mash dem ....if dem smart dem draw fi Jeb Bush ,but bush nuh inna dem.

Dem korna dark
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                  X