No announcement yet.

Reggaedoc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it matters, but is far from the only thing and for certain things, not even the most important.

Jamaica need an open and honest discussion about far more than just race.

Comment

LoL

U sound like a one issue voter...MULTITASK!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        I said in 1990, and mi naah ask yuh. Mi a tell yuh!

I was an investment analyst focussed on TnT Banking sector whose fortunes depended on the underlying economy. Dis is before Omar wuk him magic.
        Hold with the investment analyst stuff, Will. How can a net debtor nation have a better economy than a net lender nation?. Jamaica had better foreign exchange reserves than Trinidad in the 90s?. A poorly managed bank can do poorly even in a good economy. So I don't see what that has to do with the comparative macroeconomics. The US economy is currently weak, and the Chinese economy is relatively strong. Where would you or a Chinese prefer to bank your money, USA or China?. I don't see a lot of Europeans or South Americans, or North Americans rushing to banks win China.

Comment

Oli prices were down and there was a MASSIVE recession going on in TnT. That was when Mutual Life bought up Guardian Life, for example.

All banks in TNT were suffering and I had many Bajan clients coming to invest in Jamaica. Nuff Trinis were investing in our market too, but there market was more depressed and so their stocks were a better buy.

Again, mi naah ask, Jamaica had the stronger economy then.

Yuh figget already that Oil sunk to $10 a barrel...and TnT recovery was eventually based on gas not hile..

Comment

Oli prices were down and there was a MASSIVE recession going on in TnT. That was when Mutual Life bought up Guardian Life, for example.

All banks in TNT were suffering and I had many Bajan clients coming to invest in Jamaica. Nuff Trinis were investing in our market too, but there market was more depressed and so their stocks were a better buy.

Again, mi naah ask, Jamaica had the stronger economy then.

Yuh figget already that Oil sunk to $10 a barrel...and TnT recovery was eventually based on gas not hile..
            Yeh but they had enough foreign reserves to take them throughout the bad times. Even during the period of low oil prices Jamaica was still servicing it's economy through loans and foreign aid. How can you say the Jamaican economy was better?, Maybe certain sectors of the Jamaican economy performed better than the Trinidadian economy but the Jamaican economy wasn't stronger/better. Quite frankly the Bajans and Trinis had massive amounts of money to spend and Jamaica was on sale hence we saw the transfer of monies into the Jamaican banking and insurance industries from those countries. Our economy wasn't stronger. Certain sectors were more attractive to investors.

Comment

you remember that is when we were laughing at Eric Williams "Oil can't spoil comment". Trini economy was reeling.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

then what happen after 1996?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes it matters, but is far from the only thing and for certain things, not even the most important.

Jamaica need an open and honest discussion about far more than just race.
                  Yes, but race seems the only taboo subject in Jamaica. Aren't you suspicious?.

Comment

The Greatest Transfer of resources from the poor (Black people) to the Rich (light Hue ?) occurred under which Administration and what color Prime Minister ?

You are a real clown..

Comment

No, its never been taboo to me.

Unno mek people frighten unno.

Unno give to much importance to people cause dem have light skin or 2 shilling inna dem pocket.
                      Last edited by Willi; October 19, 2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

yu nuh. A nuh the talent you get but how you use it.

Comment

Working...
                        X