Sicko gets Sam Sharpe award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sicko gets Sam Sharpe award

MONTEGO BAY, St James — Jamaica Observer sports writer Paul Reid was this morning presented with the Sam Sharpe award for his contribution to sports, at a Heroes' Day civic ceremony in the historic Sam Sharpe Square, Montego Bay.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...m-Sharpe-award
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Congrats, boss!
    Well done!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Congrats Paul!
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Big up to Sickko.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

congratulations sickko... well deserved... wish you more accolades in the future...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Good to be recognized for your work while you are alive. Congrats!

Comment

Well, I'll Be Damned!!

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Congrats, boss!
              Well done!!!
              But look here….?!

First, you guys (administrator and/or moderators) banned Sickko forever from posting on this message board, and now you guys are bigging him up, knowing that he can’t respond, and that he’s probably still too angry to even visit this forum!

Boy, I tell you…. My people are something else.

( P.S. Karl, my friend, this is NOT necessarily directed towards you. I know you are a good person, and someone whom I’ve grown to respect highly over the past several years . I just linked this comment to the first moderator I saw, which just happened to be you. )

Comment

Is that what happened? I thought he just stopped posting here on his own.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nope, He is Banned

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Is that what happened? I thought he just stopped posting here on his own.
                  No, Islandman, he was banned. I have no idea what led to the banning, but if you check ANY post made by Sickko on this message board, regardless of date, you will see the word “banned” next to his name.

Actually, SkengD is the person who made me aware of the ban when he posted a thread on this several months ago. (I believe that it might have been that thread in which I contributed by briefly recalling the “challenging” poster, Booma, who was banned almost a decade ago.)

Comment

Sickko was never banned from the RBSC Forum.

I am a bit surprised and disappointed that you, Historian, could be so...so...liberal with the truth regarding Sickko's status on the Forum. You have always been so careful with your choice of words, sentence structures and facts that I must say I'm a little flummoxed by this.

I mean, you could have asked!

Tsk, tsk!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

congrats are due...
                      Peter R

Comment

Congrats to Paul A Reid. The man has always done good job with his writing. I have always said that. As far as I am concern the man was rude and offensive to me but it doesn't take away from his work.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sickko made a personal request to me to put his account in a banned state so he would not be tempted to post on the forum as he wanted to take a sabbatical. I tried talking him out of going the banned route but he was very persistent. I therefore gave in to his wishes.

So yes Historian, I am the one who banned Sickko. You can contact Sickko and ask him if what I said is the case or not.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Congrats Sickko. Keep up the good work boss.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks, Tilla! I was trying to rile up Historian and you had to go and spoil it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X