Its a pity this event is in Chicago. Certainly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a pity this event is in Chicago. Certainly

a competition I'd love to witness. I wonder how the Jamaican will do?

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/...01243197278150
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

DJ Nicco wins penultimate Red Bull Thre3style battle

The penmultimate Red Bull Thre3style event saw Jamaica, Australia, Bolivia, Japan and Azerbaijan fight for the last remaining place in tonight's World Final .
    The atmosphere was electric as Japan's DJ 8Man took to the stage. He heralded his arrival by playing the fanfare Hollywood nerds will recognise from the start of any Twentieth Century Fox film, before playing The Fugees' Killing Me Softly. His set was heavy with rap and RnB, proving that Japan loves big beats and clever wordplay as much as the US.
    The crowd jostled to get closer to the diminuative DJ, who demonstrated his scratching abilities as he tore through his fifteen minutes with unbridled ferocity.

Next up was Jamaica's DJ Nicco. Already a famed DJ in his home country, raised the roof with a special dub plate given to him by Damien Marley. There was a collective gasp when the lyrics to Welcome To Jam Rock suddenly became a dedication to Chicago and Red Bull Thre3style.

There was still twelve minutes to go, and Nicco skillfully steered the set through some reggae favourites before moving in to some bouncy bashment vibes that had the crowd doing the bogle, and signalling in some planes.

More excitement came when he played a snippet of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune, perhaps in a nod to judge Jazzy Jeff. He followed it up with Ini Kamoze's Here Comes The Hot Steppa and a Busta Rhymes and House of Pain face off.

The crowd clearly didn't want his set to end, and were shouting for more when compere Hollywood Holt came to introduce the next competitor, Australia's DJ Butcher.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X