So the UN General Assembly will meet today. Apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the UN General Assembly will meet today. Apparently

President Obama will address the UN but won't be meeting with any individual leaders. He will be doing a recording of the view with his wife.

Well I saw a clip of a Fox News anchor, Chris Wallace asking Gibbs, the former Press Sec, "... he doesn't have time to meet with World leaders but he has time to meet with Whoppi?"

Maybe I'm the only who interpreted that a different way. Why didn't he say Barbara Walters or Elizabeth (whatever she name)?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Whoppi is the HNIC of the View? Barbara Walters run that show btw.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Open to interpretation I guess. One could argue that using Whoopie makes his point better than using Barbara Walters who is a well known and respected journalist.The others have much less name recognition.

It is kind of unusual for a US president not to meet with any individual leaders during a UN general assembly. He clearly sees it as more important to the campaign for him to be on The View.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Mek me start pray that there is no gridlock when it's time to take the bus home!
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mdmex... i worked at 57th and Amsterdam for several years. I hated when Clinton or any president came to Manhattan.

To hell with everything else!! Gridlock is a boich.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I'm @ Madison and 48th. I HATE when the DC folks come to NY - I just cuss all of them. Buses don't show up, re-routed and all kinds of growing pains.
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Agreed! ...and I have no complaints!!!
              Go President Obama, FORWARD!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No man, him nuh waaant nuh complicated meetings at this time.
                Yuh nuh see Fox a try mek storm inna the Harry Reid teacup and ah seh Obama needs to step in!!

Greasecan nuh bizniz inna Mormon fight...LoL

Comment

Working...
                X