X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Harriott with the Charriot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cGS...eature=related
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Good selection. Bwoy you are a paradox. Your taste in music shows somebody who have some sense, but that all fly through the window once you start argue or select your football teams.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

a classic!!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Thanks For This Classic!

Thanks for posting this rock steady classic, X!

I had forgotten about wonderful recordings like Derrick Harriott’s “Walk the Streets”! I recall that as a youngster, what really drew my attention at first was the memorable lead guitar riff played throughout. I see that it’s been reproduced to perfection in this concert.

The lyrics of this song are haunting and the voices (both lead vocals and harmony) make this an enjoyable performance.

I’m not sure when this live concert was recorded, but based on how Derrick looks in the video, I suspect that it’s maybe sometime in the 1980s. Of course, I’m simply guessing here and so will welcome any logical correction.

The sound of the backing band definitely brings back memories of bands of the 1960s and 1970s like the Boris Gardiner Happening and Soul Syndicate (I can just imagine in my mind the possibility of Soul Syndicate’s Earl “Chinna” Smith playing such a fine lead guitar riff on the original Studio One recording).

Much respect for ALL your music posts, boss!! My favorite to date, and one which I still listen to occasionally, is that live reggae version of Dave Brubeck’s “Take 5” by the New York Ska Jazz Ensemble!

Comment

Lol. You rough sah...
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Gi yuh a joke bout Derrick Harriott, mi and mi idren get run outta im store a run through di man records and naah buy nutting...good ole school days...pure bad wuud fly outta im mouth..lol

I was thinking late 70s early 80s because of the black & white , where i dont know,one of my fav crooners.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
            X