[Audio] Philadelphia Pastor Get Into Heated Argument On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Audio] Philadelphia Pastor Get Into Heated Argument On

After Meek Is Accused Of Blasphemy Over The Song 'Amen' & Use Of Lyrics Promoting Rape

The battle between Meek Mill and Philadelphia pastor Jomo K. Johnson reached a boiling point today when the two had a heated argument on Philadelphia radio station 107.9 over the song "Amen." Johnson has called for a boycott of the rapper over the song, which he calls blasphemous.

Since last month Johnson has given interviews to various websites criticizing Meek, put out a diss song and even published a book called "No Amen: Why Boycotting Meek Mill Will Help Save Hip Hop."

"As a Hip Hop fan, I want to encourage every rap fan in Philadelphia who is a believer in Jesus Christ, to boycott Meek Mill until he acknowledges this blatant disrespect," Johnson wrote on his blog last month.

Earlier today both Meek and Johnson called into 107.9 to talk about the dispute. Radio personality QDeezy attempted to mediate the conversation, but it quickly went downhill.

Meek accused Johnson of seeking fame and attention instead of trying to resolve the issue.

"From my understanding it's looking like you're trying to get famous or you need some attention because you could have came to me and said anything you wanted to say," Meek said "I might have helped you. If you wanted some money for your church or whatever I might have gave you that money. Or I might have remixed the song with Kirk Franklin or anything you wanted to do. But you went about it like you're looking for attention and fame."

That's about as calm as the conversation got. Johnson proceeded to tell Meek that he needed to accept the word of Jesus Christ and repent. Warning him that without doing that no amount of money would save him in the end.

Meek became angry and responded by telling the pastor that he has done a lot for the community in terms of giving back and never has seen him out in the streets doing the same.

Johnson later accused Meek of rapping about raping women in one of his songs.

"You say in your songs that you will rape a woman," Johnson says. "Every year in Philadelphia 1600 rapes occur. And therefore when young men and young women hear your music and they say 'Meek says it's ok to rape a woman.' Is that OK? That's wrong!"

Meek challenged Johnson to recite lyrics in any of his songs where he talked about raping a woman. Johnson couldn't recall the lyrics, but he said they could be found on Google.

Check out the full audio below as well as Johnson's diss song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fpxq...ayer_embedded#!

Meek Mill vs. Pastor Jomo K. Johnson on 107.9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Myz...layer_embedded

Pastor Jomo K. Johnson "No Amen" (Diss Song)

Last edited by Skeng DX; July 12, 2012, 09:11 AM.
Working...
X