The tradition set by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tradition set by

certain less developled minds probably suffering 'internal struggles' continues..

<The Sunday Gleaner recently spoke with a group from a prominent secondary school in Kingston who were dead set against homosexuality.

" We bun dem thing deh man, any boy a do them thing deh no fi mix with other students," one boy declared.

"If I personally know of a gay in the school, me personally a make him life miserable," he continued.

Another student argued, "While we can't tell people what to choose, we have to torment them because we don't want them around us."

dislikes behaviour

He admitted that he participated in the act of homophobic bullying as he dislikes the behaviour of students accused of being homosexuals.

It is another problem that teachers are now having to deal with.

One teacher, who recently taught at two prominent schools in the Corporate Area, has charged that guidance counsellors sometimes do not address the issue well.

"There are some (guidance counsellors) who, because their church don't belief in homosexuality, don't deal with the situation properly. But the stakeholders in education need to come on board and assist," said the teacher.>

Sensitization probably has to begin in the formative years with exposure to the reality and normalcy in the form of books or special classes to counter the social retardation they are exposed to...

Not sure how else this dysfunction can be addressed.

Glad to you see back to picking up the torch and standing your ground.

Comment

inspired by Mama P !

maybe I too can be a Time 100 nominee !

Comment

Working...
      X