X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buju conviction upheld

Court of Appeal upholds Buju conviction

2012-06-21 15:17:32 | (0 Comments)

Jamaican reggae superstar Buju Banton - file photo..
    Arthur Hall, Senior News Editior

The US Court of Appeal for the 11th Circuit has dismissed the appeal filed by Jamaican reggae superstar Buju Banton.

In its ruling handed down today, the appeal court agreed with the jury to find Buju guilty for conspiracy to distribute cocaine, aiding and abetting a person’s use of a telephone to facilitate a drug crime.

The Circuit Court agreed with the jury that Myrie was guilty on the charge of possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug crime.

That charge was dismissed by the trial judge after the verdict was read.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

who did a brag bout them ago free him? hmmmmmm

tell u bout GOAT MOUTH

Comment

Look it is simple. The man is guilty. In our hearts of hearts we all know that he is.most likely guilty, so let's not get too exercised over a guilty criminal going to prison. Why, because he is Jamaican, or an entertainer?. Think about, might be a blessing in disguise. The guy can get a chance to contemplate his purpose in the world and this while our youths can learn a life lesson with one less negative role model to influence them.

Comment

my thing is he was setup but chat too much. Is he a drug dealer? I don't know but I know his conviction was going to be hard to be overturn.

The best I can wish him is that he uses his time wisely and for something good. I just post this because Brickie and a few others think he would walk on the appeal.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Goat Mouth

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ad.php?t=48409

David Markus Might Just Get Buju Out Of Jail

Comment

Well it is unrealistic if not naive to think that we would walk on appeal. The evidence is convincing, he had a fair trial, and he had adequate counsel. Isn't that sufficient. We can't just wish these things away because he is Jamaican, professes to be rastafarian, or is a popular entertainer. He did the crime, and I think he is guilty, and he should serve the time. If there was any justice in Jamaica, this guy probably would be on death row in Jamaica many years ago for the slaughters in his inner city community after his video camera went missing. The old grandmother who got slaughtered never had anything to do with his camera. Where is the justice for her family?. What I say is puck Buju. Let him do his time. He got off too easily for all I care.

Comment

I agree he was setup, but he agreed to the drug transaction and has to pay the penalty. Cops use informers all the time to convince susceptible persons to engage in drug trafficking.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
              X