Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gunfire at reggae concert

1 dead, 1 wounded after gunfire at reggae concert

NEWARK (WABC) -- The Jamaican reggae star known as Mavado can be seen in the video making his way through the crowd. Hundreds of people were jammed into a nightclub in Newark, New Jersey when suddenly gunfire rang out.

Everybody fell to the floor and it was pandemonium. One fan later died. A security guard was wounded in the arm. The gunman disappeared into the crowd.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...sey&id=8705859

Authorities release video from fatal shooting during Newark reggae concert

NEWARK — Authorities have released a video clip capturing the moments leading up to a fatal shooting in a Newark club last month during a performance by the Jamaican reggae star Mavado. The gunman remains at large and unidentified

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ideo_from.html
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Shocking!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

These 'folks' do nothing to uplift the music, Jamaica and the Black race as a whole.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Why?

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Shocking!
        Why?

(By the way, this is the first ever one-word post I’ve made since first starting making posts here in 2002. But…. I’m just asking.)

Comment

I usually avoid dancehall shows at indoor clubs due to the higher likelihood of gun tooting thugs in attendance, and the difficulty of leaving the venue quickly. Also, if security is weak and I do not see any metal detectors, or there are no uniformed cops on duty, and patrons are not patted down before entering the venue, then I will take a pass.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I was being sarcastic
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I choose my events very carefully. I go to listen to music not to run for my life. Even the big concerts. I have to know where and who is the promoter.

Atlanta Jerk Fest is my next event. Mi can carry my kids, watch them kick to ball, go on some rides and enjoy a good entertainer or two.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I do NY summer stage in central park. Strong NYPD presence (proud of my tax dollars). There one sees acts with likes of Luciano and others. I would be livid if I'm walking in say 72nd and central park west (with my kids) and thugs are there with guns. I'm very serious now.

Comment

I use to do it too. The Concerts by the NY Parks are usually good. Don1 Post a list on the other forum.

Use to go to Randal Island but stop after one incident. Squeeze Westchester concerts are usually good too, I don't know if he still keeps it.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Reggae Concert or Dancehall Concert.. what was it ?

Comment

You Americans are so violent...dance stop get shoot up in Jamaica fi donkey years now...you all are barbarians

Comment

yuh tink everywhere can have a Dudus fi bring di Ordah ?

Comment

Try very good.We have to take the kids back to the museum though (because of me not wanting to join the walking tour like nuh tourist

We missed the dinosaurs on the fourth floor completely. Everyone asked did you see the dinosaurs? I'm like yes, only to find out that the big ones on the floor isn't it.

Comment

Working...
                          X