The 1976 State of Emergency was declared by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1976 State of Emergency was declared by

PM Michael Norman Manley on this day 36 years ago. Jamaican politics has never been the same since.

Incredibly, some of the main offenders are still in active politics to this day.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

May I asked main offenders like who?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It takes a special Genius to turn post colonial social inequity (the order of the day in the late 60's) into disastrous political turmoil and equity destruction...

Only bettered by PJ and Omar with impressive Economic recklessness 'exhuberance'...

If only we had a Social Kontrac..

Man seh JLPNP..

Lol ! woiee !

Comment

You is a Mutty disciple, I am sure you know dem.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          You is a Mutty disciple, I am sure you know dem.
          Okay .. better yuh did say nuh ask yuh nutten.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Before there was Liad Bruce and Dudus, there was Liad Manley and Spy Robinson.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6238,2667094

Comment

Hey Muadib I admire your steady if slow progress. 'Post colonial social inequity in the late 60's'. You've come a long way baby but still a work in 'progress'.

Comment

heh, heh..

Problem is unnuh stuck innah di Miggle Passage Stats class..

Comment

To Jah be the glory. Proud a you big man.

Comment

lol !

ah bwoy..

yuh nevah hear mi tell Jawge seh black man never even have vote innah Merica dem times deh.. now dem have black President..and wi have black woman PM

Unfortunately.. it still tek cash to care...

Comment

Working...
                    X