The Brilliance of the Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brilliance of the Man

While others were yapping about Neo-colonialism and redistribution of wealth:

Q: How would you characterize Singapore's current economy?

Lee: More and more, private capitalism. We started off with state capitalism because we did not have the entrepreneurs. Our entrepreneurs were traders, and traders have no capital and don't have the foresight or capability to sink in capital for many years before a return comes. So the state sent out its best officers, who were entrepreneurial, and started Neptune Orient Lines, Singapore Airlines. But we have privatized them.

Critical Thinking and Action oriented.. not a bag ah talk...

The Jamaican State [also] sent out it's best officers. They did not come back............
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

5 Flights a Day is not the same ting..

We sent ours to Moscow and Cuba..

Lee sent his to MIT, Harvard and Oxford..

Big difference..

Comment

When you want a serious debate please say so. What do you think the reaction of the US would be at the time to any move towards State Capitalism? Have you actually read Lee Quan Yeaw(sic)?. What he did in Singapore would have been called communism by the US and the local reactionaries even if done by Seaga.

Comment

I have made no statement for or against what you have posited..

Please continue with your soliloquy.. I will take notes as appropriate..

Comment

What is State capitalism exactly, and how does it differ from what so-called communist China is doing today?

Me can imagine Missa Lee telling our people dem say dem must get sterilized after 2 pickney.

Not to mention the public canings. Maybe dats where Seaga get it from ?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

interesting term "State Capitalism". I am awaiting the answer on that. How is that done?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X