X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile you will like this one.

Mexico stops construction of tourist resort

Cabo Pulmo coral reef and park

Mexican President Felipe Calderon has reportedly withdrawn permits which gave the go ahead for the construction of a huge tourist resort.
    The decision is reportedly due to concerns that the construction in Baja California could damage the Cabo Pulmo coral reef and park marine reserve.
    The Cabo Pulmo coral reef and park is home to more than 200 fish species and was designated a Unesco World Heritage Site in 2005.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Wait dem brazen.. how dem fi a try constuct innah California !

Wi nevah kick dem out ?

Ah wheh di.. !?

Comment

We always seem to wait until someone, preferably a foreign entity declares a site "World Heritage" or RAMSAR etc. before we realize it is valuable and actually take some type of legislative protection....it still takes guts for governments and leaders to actually support these issues as the 'developmental' pressures and political and business agendas and lobbies are enormous.
      Yes Sas..thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Yep, we really don't appreciate what we have. Maybe the fact that we so busy or pass it everyday sometimes we don't realise it. It seems only when we go other places and compare what they are selliing we realise that we have better. Remind me of when I came to America and people showing me the beautiful flowers. I said to myself, "rathid them deh a bush".

We have to teach our kids to value it or it may all disapear. As you said late but at least the Mexican government stood up for something.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It's like the gully with dirty water they call the San Antonio boardwalk...so much hype over it...yet they have managed to put in infrastructure and market it properly....in Jamaica we would use it as a garbage dump.

Comment

Whey yuh seh...Riverton as the next tourist attraction.

Smell that charcoal smokey air and rummage thru the discarded treasure trove...LoL

Comment

you know the little river inna the middle of Ochi, with a little imagination we could a do a lot with that and it run right out to the sea as well. Instead we dump it up. This is where you could create a nice walkway and have musicians, vendors etc on the side and doing a little thing.

Instead we dump it up, the hoteliers bock it off and it is just a normal day.

Comment

Working...
              X