Rum Drinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rum Drinkers

Unuh haffi watch out & yuh nuh know wha inna it.

Bootleg Is Back! Fake Rum Competes For $Millions In The Market

Durant Pate, Gleaner Writer

Rum, produced in unsanitary conditions, bottled in used discarded branded containers, and resealed with glue, has made its way into the hands of unsuspecting consumers at highly competitive prices.

A trade in counterfeit Wray & Nephew products, mainly white overproof rum and Appleton, has exploded across the island, pulling millions of dollars from the formal system.

Over the past three months, The Sunday Gleaner has found the bootleg rum widely available, particularly in bars, shops and wholesales in downtown Kingston and other parts of the Corporate Area.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ews/news1.html
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Well, well, well

Let me see…. yesterday it was alligator meat, today it’s fake, dirty white rum…. tomorrow will be what?

Comment

Welcome to China West

Comment

LOL. mi think the Chinese came to teach us honest hard work, no?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Historian: This could easily be the tip of the iceberg.

I am almost sure there are several products that are counterfeited-- and active on the Jamaican market.

Sometimes i question the function of the Jamaica Bureau of Standards. What is their role in quality standards.

Few years ago,I went into a little shop and saw (home produced) bottled coconut water; fully outfitted with home made label--without batch nor lot numbers.

When you think about method of production; there is nothing to protect the consumer. This just one example.

JR& Nephew has the resources to do their own investigations and maintain product quality standards. Less established manufacturers cannot...leaving the public at risk. I am surprised that there has not been a wide-spread outbreak of disease. (Or maybe there has been but not reported).
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It's one thing buying their knockoff junk watches and clothes but buying their pharmaceuticals, cigarettes, cosmetics, and food have quite different implications. Rainforest Seafood's is sourcing their squid from China while other countries are excluding Chinese squids because of high levels of dangerous toxins. Amazing.

Comment

Also how much tax the government get from these homemade products and counterfeit products?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Jamaica Bureau of Standards need to beef-up it's role in protecting the country. Or the government need to establish a task-force to look into counterfeiting.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Kiss teeth.

The Jamaica Bureau of Standards need to beef-up it's role in protecting the country. Or the government need to establish a task-force to look into counterfeiting.

how we a go have a manufacturing and productive industry if there is no standard on what we import?

I hear all the outdated box juice selling a town.

Comment

Working...
                  X