• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligent telecom policy leads to sweet deals from LIME

Customers rush LIME stores for deals
    Kimmo Matthews
    Saturday, June 16, 2012

SCORES of Jamaicans looking to capitalise on new mobile rate cuts flooded several stores belonging to telecommunication company LIME yesterday in an effort to capitalise on the promotion which saw the company slashing the cost of mobile phone calls from $8 a minute to $2.99, two-thirds less than the price charged by its rival Digicel.

Grace Silvera, LIME's regional vice-president for marketing and corporate communications, told the Jamaica Observer that in one of the company's stores, close to 200 mobile phones were sold in three hours.

"The response from Jamaica has been overwhelmingly positive. Social media sites have just blown up since the announcement was made," Silvera said, pointing out that customers had started to visit LIME stores from as early as 6:30 am.

She stated that at some stores, LIME was forced to use additional staff to assist the many customers who turned up.
    Kalando Wilmoth, a representative at LIME's head office on Half-Way-Tree Road said that some customers purchased up to five handsets to capitalise on the low call rates.
    And customers openly expressed their support for the move.

"Me really love to see what is happening, man, and is after hearing about the promotion on the radio I came down here to purchase two handsets," said Washington Gayle one of several customers seen at the LIME headquarters yesterday.

Adrienne Clarke, who said that she heard about the promotion while she was at work, rushed to capitalise on the announcement.
    "I was at work and that was when a friend told me about it and I came over to purchase a handset," said Clarke.

Meanwhile, Danielle Hopkins, another representative of LIME, said that in the western Jamaica city of Montego Bay, the situation was the same.
    "The turnout has just been tremendous in Montego Bay," Hopkins said.
    LIME slashed the cost of mobile phone calls yesterday from $8 a minute to $2.99.

For the same low rate, callers can also phone landlines in America, Britain and Canada, where most of the Jamaican Diaspora resides.
    The rate for post-paid calls from LIME to LIME handsets was also reduced to $1.99 per minute.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1y0UC9YYh
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007
Working...
X