RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNP’s tax package set to push inflation to double digits !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP’s tax package set to push inflation to double digits !

The return of the PNP to governance has come with it the following:
    Slide in the value of the Jamaica dollar( devaluation)
    Higher food prices. (CPI)

Movement of wealth (what little is left) from the poor to the rich.
    Inflation moving again back into double digits.

Guess what the IMF is happy with the government. In its latest article IV review the IMF said.

The current favorable political environment provides an opportunity to address the significant macroeconomic imbalances and rising vulnerabilities, and Directors welcomed the authorities’ progress in developing a comprehensive economic program.

I am therefore left to ask the obvious question, where does the interest of the people of Jamaica fit into the picture, considering that the IMF has rarely helped to improve the economic enviroment and the lives of the people in any country that is has sought to provide support .

I am therefore worried that this new deal that is being worked out between the present government and the IMF, will not only see an even faster rate of devaluation, but prices will continue to rise, so will the inflation rate, making the lives of the poor and middle class in Jamaica that more difficult and as a result increase the poverty rate.

"The current favorable political environment provides an opportunity to address the significant macroeconomic imbalances and rising vulnerabilities, and Directors welcomed the authorities’ progress in developing a comprehensive economic program."

What does that mean Skeng?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X