Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case unnu forget

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-dis--the-cops
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Re: Just in case unnu forget

A most timely post, ‘Sass.

Sometimes we need to be reminded of some of the underlying reasons why we are increasingly becoming akin to a failed society. Despite what some on this forum might want to suggest from time to time, there is no question that as a society we have begun the long journey to failure. The irony is that we have leaders who have decided to invest millions of dollars into a massive celebration of 50 years of social and economic failure.

Now, I’ll just sit back quietly and watch the angry rebuttals to my statement above! Don’t I just love this particular rum bar!

Comment

that is ok. The say I am stupid and want straight jacket and hugging up criminals.

We simple have a long way to go as a society and until we can see that then we are DOOMED.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What are you trying to prove with that article?!? We all know our politicians have been too close to criminals over the years. Duh!!

But don't try and make it seem like our other dons - Haggart and the rest - were anything like the major international drug, crime and terror syndicate that was Tivoli Gardens.

But we know you will keep trying, despite how desperate and silly you increasingly appear.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Major international drug, crime terror syndicate"

Mek mi guh look pon di charges again and evidence again.. maybe is di wrong ting mi look pon.. mi si sumting bout 3 gram a cocaine and 3 pea shottah..

lol ! woiee !! mi belly !

suh wheh unnuh woulda call di Mextican dem.. extra-terrestrial ?

lmao !

Comment

to you it might not mean much and you can split the difference but to me it show how corrupted and widespread and desperate a society we have.

You can say which is better or worst.

Comment

That's like saying the caning that a certain teacher administered in primary school can be compared to Hitler's crimes.

I truly can't say which is better or worst (sic).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

major international drug, crime and terror syndicate

Comment

sound like yuh comparing JLP economic policy in the 80s and PNP economic policy in the 70's and 90's.. PNP was holocaust like in their approach.. haffi agree wid yuh dere..

Comment

next ting him gwine call himself Lebron...

Comment

Ahhh NO!

All a dem was organized crime boss and owl murdarah. The difference of scale is nowhere close to your analogy.

Willie Haggart name did gone abroad too.

Tivoli was the biggest and most organized, but not for the lack of trying by the others. Suffice to say, they are were all cesspools of slime. There is absolutely Zero justifications for any tician to be involved, much less beholden to any.

Thank God Tivoli is smashed and the rest curtailed. Still, since the HEAD rotten, not sure if our problems have been solved.

Lets see if any are allowed to get out of hand in the future.

Comment

"That's like saying the caning that a certain teacher administered in primary school can be compared to Hitler's crimes"

Are you really serious? Try again

Comment

I guess the difference for you is "key" and "major"

Although Haggart was never charged by local cops, a senior police officer, giving testimony in 2002 at a commission of inquiry into the West Kingston violence, fingered him as a key drug smuggling suspect.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1xazb3XqV

Comment

Willie Haggart had crossed his Columbian narcotics suppliers and fled to England on borrowed time. In England he was cautioned about returning to Jamaica, since a hit was already placed on his head.
                            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

was it 2 mil or 20 mil?

My first knowledge of Haggart came many years ago as I travelled south down Maxfield Avenue and saw an long line of expensive vehicles travelling together on the other side of the road. I stopped to ask a vendor there who I knew if it was the Queen since it is only when we have royal visitors that I had witnessed such an entourage. She laughed and told me it was Willie Haggart, a gangster who had stolen US$20 million worth of cocaine from Colombians in the USA. He had fled back to Jamaica and since he feared being killed by the Colombians, that was how he travelled so no one would know which vehicle he was in. She also told me that some of the persons driving the vehicles in the convoy were policemen! Yet years later when he was killed, Peter Phillips, then Minister of Security, Haggart's member of parliament and obviously his close friend, denied knowing that he was involved in criminal activities!
                              from http://joan-myviews.blogspot.com/201...n-trouble.html

Comment

Working...
                              X