Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting tangled web from 2006

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2006...ews/news1.html
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

A rift seems to have developed between two dons from west Kingston.

The rift is reportedly between Christopher 'Dudus' Coke, the don from Tivoli Gardens and an area leader from Denham Town known as 'Cowboy'.

Investigations have discovered that a long-standing disdain between the two, has now escalated as a result of an attack on the Denham Town Police Station last week, and the shooting up of a police service vehicle. Information reachingTHE WEEKEND STAR indicate that Coke was not pleased at the incident, and since then a dispute of sorts has begun between him and 'Cowboy', who is the top man for an area in Denham town known as 'Shooters Hill'.

THE WEEKEND STAR understands that after the attack on the police station, 'Dudus' made attempts to counsel 'Cowboy' to maintain peace in the division. It is said, however, that instead of hearing what the 'President' had to say, Cowboy would 'tek no talk!'

Likkle dispute

THE WEEKEND STAR spoke to the 'rebel' don, who says he has taken a stance against 'outside elements' for his forgotten people in Denham Town. "Me an' him (Dudus) a nuh fren, tru a likkle dispute between me an' him from long time. Whole a wi a big man an' did link but, from mi ease offa certain tings, everyting jus change ... Nobody nah look out fi we, suh we a look out fi wiself an' nobody else. We nuh tek order from nobody," said Cowboy.

The 31-year-old don says the people of Denham Town have been forgotten, even referring to some new houses which were built in Denham Town, a work in which no one from the area was given employment.

False news

Efforts to contact Coke proved futile, but a close associate dismissed the rift as 'false news'. "That is false news ... What dem do over deh so is fi dem business. We nuh response fi dem," said the well-espected Tivoli Gardens community member, who strongly and aggressively advised THE WEEKEND STAR not to publish the story.

It is believed that because of this rift, Tivoli Gardens is no longer responsible for Denham Town, which residents say has resulted in the upsurge in violence in west Kingston. This upsurge is centred around Denham Town.

But even the head of the Denham Town Police Station, Superintendent Delroy Hewitt, confirms he has also received intelligence on the rift. "I heard of something to that nature, but that is not my prerogative ... Their social disagreement is their concern. My concern is crime management," said Supt. Hewitt. Hewitt says the police has no problems with 'Dudus', but wants to find 'Cowboy', who is wanted for escaping custody recently. He advised Cowboy to turn himself in to police.

But Cowboy says turning himself in would be a 'death wish', as the police seem to be strongly biased towards Tivoli Gardens, as was evident when they turned off a dance in Denham Town on Independence Day, but allowed one in Tivoli to continue.

Big tings

"Independence Day, big tings a gwaan roun' a Garden, an' we have a likkle ting a gi weh back to school tings ... We 'bout yah nuh know 'bout permit. We a keep dance twice a week an' permit ting neva come up till now ... Is sen dem get sen fi lock off di dance," charged Cowboy.

Hewitt says Cowboy's power stretches beyond Denham Town, as police have identified links with him and members of the 'Fatherless' gang from South St. Andrew.

Regardless of the cause of the recent upsurge in violence, police say they wish to see the area return to normality.

"Our area has been relatively quiet, it's just in the last two months there have been two headless bodies and a businessman being killed...it's just a few misguided youths in the area, the rest of Denham Town is not with them," said Hewitt.

Cowboy also advised those in his community who are "causing police to pressure Shooter's Hill," to "behave themselves."

"Everyting weh gwaan dem seh a Shooter's man...all when di balla get shot people a seh a drive-by from we, when dem hear when di man who a beat him uman tell di balla seh him a gu dun di balla career...Unu yout nowadays whe a grow up, yuh tink seh gangsta ting a bed a roses? Memba seh a who God love di most a live di longest," said Cowboy.

Comment

and doodus claim him nuh know him LOL

Comment

Work it yes!

Comment

huh?

willi reflect on the things u typing from the other day

Comment

Assassin ah wuk it said speed tuh
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Skeng wi dun know seh yuh ah falla one PNP agenda...juss hug it up nuh? Ah nuh nutten

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

but said adi 1st him a see COWBWOY

Comment

but not in this case................

Comment

LOL

Comment

in court dudus under oath................said 1st mi a c this man

Comment

Talk di tings skengy. LOL.

Comment

Dont distract mi from mi rerk! LoL

Comment

that is all you can say now???
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If yuh want more I will oblige

You're such a sucker for punishment

Comment

Working...
                              X