Life in South West St Andrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life in South West St Andrew

Majesty Gardens - what a name for a place where life is so miserable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-F_...feature=g-vrec
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

The MP loves poor people.....
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

She been loving them in that constituency fe bout 30 year now. Not that the others are much different.

Me woulda defend the Don too if this is the best me govt can do
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Is this news to both of you...is this unique to Majestic Gardens? Yu tink life easy fi some a Jamaica?

Comment

Just reflecting on 50 years of independence...but a you suppose to surprise, nuh you say we not doing that bad fe just 50 years.

Comment

Really? Pls remind me when and in what context?

Comment

nuh the pm cons that.

Comment

As a matter of fact, don't even bother....there are many bad things about Jamaica - this is certainly one...as for the 50 years...yes, we could have done much better if we didn't waste our resources, crime, politics, migration, hurricane etc.

Comment

Well we all saw what happened with the lovely experiment over at Tivoli...need to try something else...these Apartment complexes are obviously wrong for us....need to get people back in the country...urbanization, centralization has been a major problem....need more community living and working....don't think it'll happen though....so the rat-nests will continue....as I have always said only a major crisis will level the playing field (hopefully) and have all Jamaicans united around a common cause...sad, but true.

Comment

hows life in the former PMs(Seaga and brucy) Denham Town?

Comment

You mean like Rwanda ? Lawd.

Sometimes a crisis can turn the tide, sometimes not.

I believe that ultimately its the leadership that matters most. Not just political, all areas of society.

Hopefully an upcoming generation can produce some better ones. Some decent education would improve the odds.

Comment

Just as majestic i am sure.

Comment

I think we are more educated now than before - if the number of secondary and tertiary institutions are to be used as a guide...so maybe it's the quality of the education or there are other forces that mitigate...
                          Maybe leadership is overrated...we keep looking for a messiah to save us when there is none..or they fail us - always.
                          We are in a fast-paced world, electronic access to information, no more can we fool the youths or pull the metaphorical wool over their collective eyes...they see, hear and know the truth...the youth are not impressed easily, nor fooled - and soon they know the game, of one-upmanship, don-ship, and materialism. There's no waiting for things to pan out or to make do or work for a living and earn what you get. Why wait? Especially when you align yourself to the right people - get a contract, make some money and 'eat a food'.
                          It's the poor who suffer the most, who can't find their way out of the cycle of poverty, of dependency and of despair. No one really cares and if there is no real political benefit then no reason for expediency. They are between the devil and hard cold-stone reality and survival is the key - by any means necessary....the others just talk...

Comment

Islandman - it is a garden of majestic MISERY!
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Before me live into that condition, I would rather go live a KUNTRY and stop tell people mi live a TOWN!
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X