X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud of Gifted Gifton

KC proud of gifted Gifton

Published: Wednesday | June 6, 2012

THE EDITOR, Sir: The Fortis Pavilion salutes our very gifted Gifton Samuel Wright for finishing joint fourth in the recently concluded 85th annual Scripps National Spelling Bee competition. He has not only brought honour and glory to himself, but to his family, community (Spanish Town), school (Kingston College [KC]) and, by extension Jamaica.

Gifton's success has not been achieved by chance, but rather, through hard work, commitment, determination, and an insatiable desire to be the best - hallmarks of the Fortis spirit. The foundation was effectively laid during his early days at McAuley Primary.

Gifton's success in the National Spelling Bee competition represented the first time that a KC student had won this title. His name and achievement will be etched in the annals of KC history.
    We salute coach, the legendary Glen Archer.

WAYNE O. ROBERTSON
    fortispavilion@gmail.com
    President, Fortis Pavilion
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Yep, blessings and respect to the yute who spelled his way through some very tough words. I thought he was going to win after he spelled that phth word, but it wasnt to be. Massive can still see Gifton's performance on the replay section of Espn3.com.
    I was wondering why this wasnt mentioned on this board before.
    Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
    Mitty

Comment

Working...
    X