Wi$con$in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wi$con$in

In some ways I am happy that Walker retained his job.

The role of Unions is becoming obsolete. Unions (for the most part) hinders business. Much more I can say about this..........
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

union have ups by the short and curlies ever since .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are obsolete but most Union organizations are in need of drastic reform. Too many still stuck in the confrontational style.

Skilled labour has also changed from the days of repetitive factory work when the union movement was at its most powerful, a productive worker can be many times more efficient than the unproductive worker. Union negotiations need to be more flexible to recognize this.

I still didn't like the way Walker went about trying to crush the unions though. He overreached and was fortunate to get a lot of funding from outside groups to survive it.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

...on a much wider scope, a major part of Greeces' economic problem can be attributed to Unions.

South Africa also is financially crippled by Unions. Unions were extremely important during aparthied; now they are getting in the way of productivity...

In Jamaica, Unions are a dead weight...waste of time.

HL

Comment

For good progressive unions check out Germany. Rare and far between. The fact is our union heads are political, sell servering. Majority are of the leftest vein who think profit is a bad thing or it MUST be shared equally.

We need unions but progressive unions who understands the climate and work for more employment and productivity.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

france too i believe .... but yes germany is a model of efficiency. part of the national psyche i think ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Where is Bruce? He might need therapy after this loss in the election.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                For good progressive unions check out Germany. Rare and far between. The fact is our union heads are political, sell servering. Majority are of the leftest vein who think profit is a bad thing or it MUST be shared equally.

We need unions but progressive unions who understands the climate and work for more employment and productivity.
                Our unions believe profits must be shared equally?
                Never heard that...can never remember hearing that from any of our unions!

Fair wage! Fair compensation! Fair shake!

...but profits shared equally? (shake 'ead emoticon)
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What caused the mortgage /financial crisis in America?? unions or corporate greed... just trying to find a balance here..
                  Peter R

Comment

Its looks like you didn't see the memo in regard to those who were responsible for the recession.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7967546.stm
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Had to look at the date of the piece you attached.

I knew it sound familiar. Quite poignant!

HL

Comment

I got that memo man, read it and digested it... and we (Lula and I) are saying the same thing... for sure, historically he is correct... and corporate ownership in the west into the 21st century is (my guess) primarily concentrated in the hands of "entrepreneurs" of European background...true?

However, regardless of who caused it (the crisis) we cannot lay blame (solely) on the unions...
                        Peter R

Comment

Scott Walker is a pathological liar who stole money designated to help homeowners avoid foreclosure so he could say he balanced the budget.

Other things are just too numerous to list.

Scott Walker says he favors capital punishment. I favor capital punishment for Scott Walker.

Comment

Working...
                          X