• Show
Clear All

• Inneresting Facts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...lands-18251426
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Very!

Good post!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Our foreparents withstood severe levels of opposition, prejudice, racism and bigotry.

Although "we" have attained some grounds...we are far faaar from where we should be as Black People.

Often-times I wonder what would Marcus Garvey think of us..............?

There are segments of us who are just darn dead weight. They embarrass us as a people. Example: Historian's thread on the immoral ponographic dance-hall acts--is another embarassing trait that is a negative mark against us a race. Another example is crime and violence. Last week-end Chicago reeked with a record black-on-black gang murder.

We must improve the way we define ourslves as Black People...(even those with lighter hue).

HL

Comment

Good post! I have yet to see Red Tails & I plan to see it soon on DVD.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

As a Tuskegee Man, I have to admit I have not seen Red Tails as yet. I am sure HBO will have it very soon.

Have seen The Tuskegee Airmen with Lawrence Fishburne and Malcolm- Jamal Warner several times though. It fills me with Black pride!!

HL

Comment

you seem to be the resident authority on scotland and all things scottish ... how so?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...a citizen of the world would be more accurate...

HL

Comment

sounds nicer for sure ......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Just finished watching Red Tails. It's avalable COMCAST On Demand.

Extremely proud of the sacrafice that the Tuskegee Airmen have accomplished...

HL

Comment

I have also seen the version with Lawrence Fishburne too, great movie.
                    Glory is another great movie starring with Denzel Washington & Morgan Freeman.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

One White yute star inna Glory... Dat WhiteWashed...ah suh Babylon dweet inna FollyWood
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yes, Matthew Broderick starred as the reluctant company commander in Glory. I mentioned the other actors because their performances were outstanding & Denzil won an Oscar.

54th Massachusetts attack on Ft Wagner South Carolina.

Comment

Working...
                        X