Monty celebrates 50 years of great music with Birthday Bash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monty celebrates 50 years of great music with Birthday Bash

Monty Alexander, Tarrus Riley, Dean Fraser To Perform At NYC Benefit Concert

NEW YORK, NY, U.S.A. - Jazz great Monty Alexander will join friends Dean Fraser and Tarrus Riley at a special benefit concert on June 6, 2012, at Merkin Concert Hall at Kaufman Center, New York City.

Proceeds from the concert will benefit Heartbeats of the World, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that serves to enrich the lives of children, adolescents, and women in Jamaica by providing educational opportunities to address poverty and unemployment. The concert will also celebrate the tenth anniversary of Heartbeats of the World, which was founded by its President, Dr. Karlene ChinQuee and Monty's 50th anniversary in the music industry.

In a career spanning five decades, Alexander has successfully bridged the worlds of jazz, pop, and reggae. His latest album, Harlem- Kingston Express sat comfortably atop the Jazz World Chart for fourteen weeks, and this critically acclaimed set was nominated for a Grammy award in the Best Reggae Album category this year.

http://news.caribseek.com/index.php/...enefit-concert
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Simply one of the best jazz pianists of all times. Cross over to his reggae roots effortlessly especially when he is playing alongside Ranglin, Dunbar, and Shakespear. Great stuff. Caught up with him at the Blue Notes while in the Big Apple recently. Great show.

Comment

Arguable whether he's among the best of all times... But I agree with your opinion.

At the very least he's JC's finest Jazz artiste.. and a nice guy to boot

So you were at the Blue Note show....noice!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Love Monty Alexander. Have several of his CD's.

Never seen him perform live. Hope i will eventually get that opportunity.

I miss living in the tri-state area for the opportunity to see great acts...example like his birthday bash.

Happy Birthday Monty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1RMdWWVlEM
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Still have some good acts pass through ATL. You just have to find out where and when.

I hear Anita Baker will be here this month. I am thinking about going.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

June 6 damn!!!! If I had a lite more lead in time I woulda try mek the trek!!!

Monty and dean .... one place!??? Damn damn damn damn damn! Anyone going?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Monty is pretty damn good don. don't hold his JC connections agaist him. I don't. I really like his combinations with Earnest Ranglin on the Memories of Barber Mack CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                June 6 damn!!!! If I had a lite more lead in time I woulda try mek the trek!!!

Monty and dean .... one place!??? Damn damn damn damn damn! Anyone going?
                Not me..I have a likkle conflict with a HS graduation event

Comment

LOL...mi hear yuh bredrin

Comment

Monty & Ernest Ranglin Take on Don D Confuscious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1GHT0XTGU8
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

wikid fi real

Comment

Well is a about time!!!! congrats

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yuhzimi ... late bloomer

Comment

Working...
                          X