RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking: Would you consider Jamaicans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking: Would you consider Jamaicans...

...heavy drinkers.

I think I recall a thread speaking about the Jamaican prowess in drinking....
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Russians run this ,I gave a russain my white rum he gulped it like water, he game me some stuff,he laughed when I turned purple.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

NO.....
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

no after attending school and playing ball with the Irish.
        after seeing the English drinking culture
        seeing other nationality like the Russians, some hispanic and some indians.

The thing with most Jamaican drunks is they just smell the rum and them start stagger. LOL.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

scandinavian wuss

Comment

Definitely Not

A definite “No”!

Jamaicans like to boast about their White Rum and their Red Stripe beer, but I’m sure that the vast majority are not heavy drinkers. Despite the Caribbean’s history of rum production, heavy drinking has always been frowned on to some extent, in particular by the church, which plays a prominent role in Caribbean culture.

Genuine drinking cultures like those of Russia, Scotland, Poland, England, etc. are where you’ll find the really serious, heavy drinkers. Even sometimes the leaders are part of this habit of heavy drinking, for example the late President Boris Yeltsin of Russia.

Comment

...well last week-end, I hung-out with members of the Tartan Army. They congregated at a place called Mark's Bar in Jacksonville FL.

I met Mark--and we chatted. he has never experienced football fans and the atmosphere they bring.

Here's what Mark wrote after the Tartan Army left:

I learned a lesson about toilets!
              These 'yanks' here rarely have a queue out the door as you did. But then I realized how much beer you guys consumed. Our new record!
              Well over 12 kegs (1/2 barrels=15.3 gallons = about 1500 draught pints) and about 1000 bottles of beer.
              This does not even take liquor consumption into consideration.
              Most of this was on Friday and Saturday! Thats about 20 drinks per person in 48 hours.
              You guys are superhuman!
              People still talking about The Tartan Army here.
              Cheers!
              Mark

The Tartan Armys response to these figures was that some people obviously weren't pulling their weight! Hahahaha.....

HL

Comment

Maybe not...but I do know that no other country have parties Sunday to Saturday like we do...and it's not water dem serving...

Comment

...a good number of those at the party--hold a beer in their hand till it become body temperature...hot!!

Jamaican are at best moderate drinkers.

HL

Comment

...spot on Historian!!!

The key point you make is about the church. The countries you listed have very little to do with God and Church

HL

Comment

In college I had an Irish baller friend who made a hole from his back seat to the trunk. Mainly for the purpose of drinking beer and putting the can in the back.

Just go to any party college on a friday morning and see the results.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                      X