Things bad when even a big time rockstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things bad when even a big time rockstone

Labarite mi meet last week feel sorry fi Portia. Genuine sympathy.
    She missed a great chance to store up goodwill credits when she did not slap up the MoBay mayor for the flag disgrace. She should have asserted there and then that she is the PM of ALL Jamaica. It would have gone a far way in building up the sadly lacking national cohesion and stood her in good stead during these difficult budget months.

De labarite seh dat dem Glad dat Anju lost, cause Labarite could not win back fi 30 years if dem did haffi implement dis yah budget.

Make no mistake, this will be a one term guvamment if dem dont radically shift the paradigm. Dem might not even last the full term. But den, would di Labarite dem even want the reins?

Plain truth and bad mannaz.

Could they or better yet, would they do better?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not sure at all, that is why them wiping cold sweat offa dem farrid! LoL

Right now, the 2 parties are living in the past and off the past. Can they find the right way forward?

Comment

Me yet fe believe a politician dat say he/she glad dem not in power.

Scarce benefits and spoils always worth fighting over.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

At that level yes, but at the supporter/activist level, its a different thing.

Yuh think it easy fi face rioting crowds that turn suddenly from love to hate? It ugly out there...

Notice how the Carnival crowd of December gone silent....LIKE I PREDICTED THEY WOULD???

Who really could not see this coming? Why unno think Anju talk bout bitter medicine??? Freudian slip?

Comment

Based on what I see. There was some difference between Bruce and Audley. One want to start put certain measure in place and the other said "not before an election". The JLP knew with the budget, the tax code change to come, wage freeze or layoffs and the change in pension there is no way they could have won back.

That is why the IMF deal was stalled for 10 months. Now the PNP say them going to negociate this in two weeks and solved all these problem so them up the creek. Next look for a rollback on "free" healthcare. They can't undo the "free education". Interesting times ahead.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              Could they or better yet, would they do better?
              Pay attention. When the previous gov't implemented a tax package what was the reaction of the opp. then? Who insisted they would roll back GCT on electricity? During the campaign, Andrew told the nation that bitter medicine was gonna have to be applied. Again, what was the reaction of Peter, Portia, Omar and Peter?

When the previous gov't implemented a wage freeze, what were the chants of the opp. then? What have they done now?

What is clear is who took the people for fools. Anybody see Mosiah?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Willi, stop please. A flag incident at the municipal level has major decision hinged on it? Please. What about the missing mayor's picture in st.Mary?

Enough of your predictions, because you said PSM would doom the PNP never to return to govt.

Comment

You having comprehension problems. Read again...

Its seems the essential elements of leadership escape you...
                  Last edited by Willi; May 30, 2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Are you speaking about the ability to make tough calls?

Comment

No!!!

I am talking about important symbolic actions that foster COHESION!

Is that so hard to grasp?

U still in political mode.

U think I am here trying to score points. I desperately want P to success, as Jamaica is up s&*% creek otherwise. However, she making too many missteps!

Unlike U am dont beleive, I go where the evidence takes me. I am data driven!

Comment

You want her to succeed yet you talk of tax riots? explain, thanks.

Comment

yeah come outa the closet and explain.....WILLI

Comment

You talking bout people hiding. What are you view and the taxes and broken election promises?

I asked that about 3 hours ago.

Thanks in advance.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is the danger she faces.

U blaming the messenger now?

U think I can stay here and stir up riot? Get real.

There is a clear and present danger and U lashing out like a nincompoop.
                              Is not me drop this tax package and is not me the people upset with. Is not me mek promise about help is on the way and deliver bitter medicine instead.

The reality was that only the medicine was on the way, no matter who won. I said it then and I repeat it now.

If di labarite den did win and drop this package, what would be your reaction? Be honest now...at least to yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X