Digital Yard Revolution Train rolls into historic Morant Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Yard Revolution Train rolls into historic Morant Bay

... the Digital Revolution finds fertile ground in St Thomas...site of the People's Revolution and the pioneering Morant Bay High School... Powered by UTech Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers - Student Branch.

Event Report:

Dear All,

Yesterday marked the first of the Digital Yard / UTech High School Robotics Exhibitions outside Kingston - which took place at the prestigious Morant Bay High School (MBHS) in St. Thomas.

The Day was well spent! Our robotics team was greeted with a relaxing ‘sea breeze’ The MBHS students were very enthused to see what UTech brought to their institution and were an exceptional audience. I have attached some photos below which ideally sum up the day’s activities which included:

Overview of the Digital Yard Robotics Competition

The UTech, IEEE Outreach team and how we will support the high school with their very own Robotics team.

Overview of the technical aspects of the robotic field

Real world application of robotics and how NASA applies robotics technology.

The students were extremely receptive, attentive and intuitive. They participated every step of the way and left an indelible mark of their willingness to make MBHS one of the strong contenders in the 2013 Digital Yard Robotics Competition.

I would like to thank all involved for making this trip possible especially Mr. Gray and his team for accommodating us, the Digital Yard Organizers, UTech officials for the school bus and my dedicated team of Robotics Engineers for their presentations.

FOR A SLIDE SHOW OF THE EXPERIENCE - INCLUDING ENRAPTURED FUTURE ENGINEERS & TECHNOLOGISTS

Kimroy Bailey

Chair, IEEE UTech Student Branch

Digital Yard Robotics Coordinator

Next stops on the Digital Revolution Train reportedly include MoBay (a certain hilltop institution) Mandeville, Trench Town and North Street (which side of the street who knows?)

The Revolution is coming to YOUR school ...wheva it deh an who unnu be wi nuh bizniz wid dat....and this revolution WILL be televised.,,,,

ALL ABOARD!!! TOOT!! TOOT!!

Memba mi tole unnu
    Last edited by Don1; May 22, 2012, 08:56 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Uptown, downtown, out of town......de Digital Yard train will be passing thru!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Uptown, downtown, out of town......de Digital Yard train will be passing thru!
      Fi Reel... All Aboard & All Hands on Deck

Work is Burnin' in the Field... mi love how di UTech yute dem ah tun up di ting fiwi... mi feel seh ah di right grouping wi drop inna fi deal wid dis program

But....Mi cyaan tek di whole heap ah Yappin' an Bellyachin' fram Black People all di wile... apart from being backward it's actually quite annoying

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Me know wha you mean, but I have learnt that you just haffe find the motivated and committed ones to work wid. Then just ask the others fe move out the way mek you go thru!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          Me know wha you mean, but I have learnt that you just haffe find the motivated and committed ones to work wid. Then just ask the others fe move out the way mek you go thru!
          LOL>>> True Talk dat

Natty cyaan afford fi get weary inna dem time yah

Comment

Working...
          X