No announcement yet.

Busy signal arrested on extradition warrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POPULAR Jamaican dancehall singjay ‘Busy Signal’ was yesterday arrested by members of the Fugitive Apprehension Team at the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston as he disembarked a flight, at 3:45 pm, after being deported from the United Kingdom.
    The artiste, whose real name is Glendale Goshia Gordon, but who has been going by the name Reanno Devon Gordon, was held in London on Friday on suspicion that he was travelling on false documents.
    BUSY SIGNAL… has been under surveillance for several years
    1/1
    Jamaica Observer sources say Busy Signal had performed in Amsterdam and Paris last week, but cut short his tour after he apparently got wind of the fact that an extradition warrant was issued for him by the United States Government.
    However, when he got to England he was refused entry into that country and detained by British Immigration officials.
    The Americans have accused Gordon, who was a resident alien, of fleeing that country in 2002 before he could be sentenced on a cocaine charge in October that year.
    An Observer source said yesterday that the artiste, who got bail in March 2002, is suspected of removing an ankle bracelet — used as a tracking device by US authorities to ascertain the whereabouts of a suspect on bail — and fleeing to Jamaica.
    Police yesterday said the artiste has been under surveillance for several years.
    He has been travelling extensively but has steered clear of the US.
    Gordon is scheduled to appear in the Half-Way-Tree Resident Magistrate’s Court on Thursday. If he is extradited, he will be first high-profile Jamaican to be surrendered to the US authorities in the two years since former Tivoli Gardens strongman Christopher ‘Dudus’ Coke was captured and sent to New York on drug-related charges.
    A sentencing hearing is set to begin today for Coke, who pleaded guilty to racketeering.
    Busy Signal is known for the popular hits One More Night — a remake of the Phil Collins original, Jamaica Love and Nah Go A Jail Again.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1vb2VFKhg

Comment

my source tells me he used to live in CT where he was charged and ran.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        I hear nuttin guh suh...he left a charge in the States as a teenager...statue of limitation was about to runout and dem grab him...
        Who made that statue and where is it being displayed?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What, dem don't know where to find Liad Bruce?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Him 'statues' of limitation don't run out yet. Patience.

Comment

look suh..dem know where to find PJ doh...

lol ! woiee !

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                my source tells me he used to live in CT where he was charged and ran.
                Allegations are that he was implicated in a narcotics offence committed in Minnesota. If that is all then he can plea bargain the case, take a light sentence and a deportation. However, I suspect there is more to it. Unlce Sam may want to hear him sing.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

How him know seh him name pon extradition before it reach ?

Termite dem nuh easy ennuh !

Comment

It is a while back. I don't know how much current info he may have. yes he may have to serve his time. Is he an American citizen? could be.

The ironic thing is he just recorded with the band No Doubt. Let us see if they are going to release the single or cast it aside.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Patwa..."statue of livications"

Comment

He was a green card holder...friend of mine (an American Citizen) did the same thing...fled to Jamaica for relatively minor drug conviction...stayed out 12 years and got a lawyer to straighten it out in the States...on his return they bum rushed him on the plane...but had to let him go when he showed them the documentation from the lawyer...

Comment

yuh have di lawyah numbah ?

a fren of mine might need it..

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                            Patwa..."statue of livications"
                            LOL. Good one. with your permission I will use it.

Comment

yeah. Especially if it such a long time and if he is no longer involved, they may look on it lighter. It all depends on how serious the case is and if murder was involved and how deep he was connected.

Comment

Gamma!!! Maudib a call yuh.
                                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X