A Prom - Never to be Forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Prom - Never to be Forgotten

Pier collapse sends group of prom-ready teens dressed to the nines into water

Well-dressed teens had gathered for group photo when accident occurred

Comments (1) By Rheana Murray / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Thursday, May 10, 2012, 7:45 AM

Print
    Print

wisn.com

The pier collapsed, sending the teens in their tuxedos and prom dresses into the cold water.

It’s a prom picture worth a thousand words.

A group of Wisconsin teens decked out in prom dress and tuxedos took an unexpected dip when the pier they were standing on collapsed, ABC News affiliate WISN reports.

"One of my friends was screaming and on the verge of tears and the other was laughing," one of the prom-goers, Sydney Rogers, told the station.

The high school students from Oconomowoc were gathered on the wooden pier outside a friend's lake house in Lac La Belle on Saturday afternoon, posing for pre-prom pictures.

wisn.com

Kettle Moraine High School students were standing on a dock on Lake Lac La Belle in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, when things went terribly wrong and they were sent into the water.

"I heard like, one crack, and then the whole thing collapsed from under us," said Matt Timm, who was also on the pier.

"It was akin to watching a car accident," one of the girl's mothers, Kathy McCormack, told ABC's "Good Morning America."

"You heard the screams coming off the dock and it was like they were falling one after the other in slow motion to the lake."
    wisn.com

Students screamed and cried as they struggled to get out.

McCormack's daughter Anne was the lone lady to escape the plunge, when her quick-thinking boyfriend grabbed her and pulled her onto an adjacent pier, according to "GMA."

"My boyfriend saved me," she said. " very lucky. I couldn't even tell you how he knew to grab me... We tipped for a second, we were safe on the extra pier ... we looked at everyone in awe."

Luckily, the dip didn't put much of a damper on the evening.

The teens took hair dryers to their dresses and tuxedoes, and headed to prom.
    "We were all pretty lucky ... We've been laughing ever since it happened," Rogers told "GMA."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1uTsqaYQd
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - Republicans.

Drown, you Nazi scumbags!

After you're dead, you can go "stand with Walker".....IN HELL!

btw, "Oconomowoc" is pronounced oh-CON-oh-moe-walk Located about 30 miles west of Milwaukee.

Comment

Working...
    X