Sass I just watched an interview with Tony Kelly and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sass I just watched an interview with Tony Kelly and

And it seems that he shares your views about the current dancehall beats being too much hip-hop influenced, so he is planning to start producing some 90s style dancehall beats. Should be interesting to see what he comes up with.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

yeahman too much hip phrase and autotune inna the thing. Time to start adding some authentic Jamaican phrases and intruments. In the 90's Americans were using our phrases and borrowing a lot from us from tunes like "Ring the Alarm" "One Blood" and many of the dancehall anthems.

The melody and the instrument would make the music lst long. Listen to many of the songs is not just the lyrics you wanted to listen but riddim was sweet like sugar and with good sound to back up the singer.

Now many of the riddims are so generic with no authentic Jamaican feel.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass ah yu dat? Dis chune a fi yu, what yu know about this artist? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eittV...A81FAD90B13987

Comment

will check it later, can't check it now.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X