Obama vs Romney - Close, nasty and unpredictable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama vs Romney - Close, nasty and unpredictable

(Reuters) - The 2012 presidential election is more than six months away, but here is what we know so far: It is going to be close, it is going to be nasty, and the outcome could turn on a series of unpredictable events.

Democratic President Barack Obama is a slight favorite now, but as tightening poll numbers suggest, his lead over Republican Mitt Romney is tenuous.

A tepid economic recovery, voter pessimism about the future and a job approval rating largely stuck in the danger zone below 50 percent mean Obama could have a hard time matching his performance in 2008, when enthusiasm for his promise of change propelled him to victory over Republican Senator John McCain with 53 percent of the vote.

Such factors, along with a motivated Republican Party determined to oust Obama, mean that despite a bruising Republican primary fight that dented Romney's popularity - particularly among women - the Republican has plenty of reason for hope in the November 6 election.

Political analysts see a fall election fight that looks more like the nail-biters won by George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004 than Obama's relative blowout victory in 2008.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83H1CW20120418
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

I see nuff man a kick up bout it over and Obama win. Let them stay deh and no go out in their numbers.

It is going to be close.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Romney is a weak candidate but the hatred for Obama on the right is so intense that I expect them to turn out in large numbers.

I think it will be close going as well, way too early to call.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yeah there is nothing dynamic about Romney. The problem for Obama is to motive the base as many seems lost in the recession and many in the middle can swing either way.

His record and ability to stay away from scandal should be good enough but it is going to be a fight.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X