• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LETTER OF THE DAY - Cops Shouldn't Fear INDECOM

LETTER OF THE DAY - Cops Shouldn't Fear INDECOM
    Published: Wednesday | March 14, 20120 Comments
    THE EDITOR, Sir:

IT IS most unfortunate that the Police Federation and the various police-related organisations, including the Office of Commissioner, feel so threatened by the Independent Commission of Investigations (INDECOM).

INDECOM must be given the power it needs, the tools for investigation and the freedom to investigate before the police begin to do their work in putting things together.

It truly breaks our hearts to see the nerve of and the chutzpah of Constable Franz Morrison to tell the INDECOM boss to "pack his bags and go". Certainly he could have found another set of words, or even learned a few others. Perhaps he should have got up and said, "Well, I am star boy! Did you hear me!"

These police murders and these criminal attacks upon the public must be carefully looked at. We cannot go on killing our brothers and sisters in this fashion. It truly does not speak well of our island nation. And while I am at it, it would be quite laudable if the United States, the most powerful country in the world, a country that I love, would kindly stem the flow of guns into Jamaica, rebuke the powerful gun lobby in that country and hold strain. It really falls into one big barrel! Doesn't it? Now that is the kind of help we need from our beloved Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to our beloved Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller.

Protect INDECOM

Spanish Town Citizens Against Gun Violence entirely supports INDECOM and would like the prime minister to protect this body in a very difficult situation. We continue to applaud the many fine police officers who lay their lives on the line and stand in the line of fire.

We urge the Jamaica Constabulary Force to work with INDECOM, and do not be afraid. God is with you all. The Book of Timothy says: "I have not given the spirit of fear, but of love, of power and a sound mind."

Rosemarie Greene

Spanish Town Citizens Against Gun Violence

spntwncitizensagv@cwjamaica.com

BLACK LIVES MATTER

If the PNP, namely Bunting, Golding and Portia, know what good fi dem, dem tell di Police Federation and other like-minded stupid police bodies to back off and leave Q alone!

They should also immediately increase the resources available to INDECOM so it can play its part in weeding out the numerous crooked cops and some soldiers from the system.

There is not a week that goes by where 2 or 3 police officers are not involved in some criminal activity. No, I did not say allegedly involved.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who can argue gainst this?
      I recall how dem kill di rasta musician that married to the Japanese.

The feloow was online for months pleading for protection. He even captured video showing them beating his pregnant wife and what come out of it? All because the damaged his car in a careless accident and did not want to accept responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Who can argue gainst this?
        I recall how dem kill di rasta musician that married to the Japanese.

The feloow was online for months pleading for protection. He even captured video showing them beating his pregnant wife and what come out of it? All because the damaged his car in a careless accident and did not want to accept responsibility!
        I remember this.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          If the PNP, namely Bunting, Golding and Portia, know what good fi dem, dem tell di Police Federation and other like-minded stupid police bodies to back off and leave Q alone!.
          You tell them Mo - RBSC blood thicker than any wata
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Dem nuh waan mi rais...why look at the time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X