Diet high in red meat unhealthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet high in red meat unhealthy

A diet high in red meat can shorten life expectancy.
    That’s according to a study done by researchers at the Harvard Medical School.
    The study of more than 120,000 people suggested red meat increased the risk of death from cancer and heart problems.
    The researchers reportedly found that adding an extra portion of unprocessed red meat to someone's daily diet would increase the risk of death by 13%, of fatal cardiovascular disease by 18% and of cancer mortality by 10%. The figures for processed meat were higher, 20% for overall mortality, 21% for death from heart problems and 16% for cancer mortality.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Really? How mi see anything yuh eat kill yuh.

Chicken give yuh bird flu
    Pork give yuh swine flu
    Vegetable give yuh e coli
    Fish give yuh mercury

All of which will kill yuh. What must you do, don't eat anything? Yuh still ago dead fi hungry.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yuh have time ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

and beef give yuh mad cow disease

Incidentally, the first reported person to die of mad cow disease in this country, was the niece of one of my schoolmates. Contracted the disease in England, before moving to the USA.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/madcow/awful62104.cfm

Personally for me, I find red meat very hard to digest, so in my household we rarely purchase.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Doesn't take a rocket science to figure that one out...

Comment

This sound like nonsense.

Comment

Working...
            X