Red Tape in Jamaica. Earlier this week in Parliament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Tape in Jamaica. Earlier this week in Parliament

both Shaw and Phillips were on the same page regarding the Procurement Process, something I see as a red tape. Both men agreed that the process to too 'cumbersome' (my word).

Now I hear Greg Christie firing back that they must provide proof and that they should not mess with the 'system' (again my word).

Now Christie has his job to do and is doing it, but if the entire process is not as smooth as it could be, I see no reason to modify it. I think all parties, including the OCG need to sit down and see if they can address this, instead of making it a controversial issue.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Seems like a discussion worth having. However I would watch these politicians with something like this. They may just want to make it even easier to "run wid it" when they feel like.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I support you on that. We need to remove red tape but not the ability for oversight. The finance ministry already have too much power and ways to hide what they are doing.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is not dem alone need watching.

Who watches the Watcher.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Comment

Working...
        X