RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In defense of Jamaicans for Justice.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In defense of Jamaicans for Justice.....

Human Wrongs Groups

I get it. People don’t like Jamaicans for Justice, and a lot of people probably believe the name should be changed to Jamaicans for Injustice.

Jamaica has high levels of violent, horrendous crime. Human rights activists have been painted as criminal lovers and defenders of criminals because they dare to take the hugely unpopular position that each and every one of us (including gunmen) should have our human rights respected and should not be abused by agents of the state. Their insistence that force should be a last resort and that the level of police killings in Jamaica is unacceptable makes them targets of hostility.

I get that. I hold no brief for JFJ although I’m sure it sounds like it sometimes, since I feel obligated to correct the wrong and unfair comments made about the group by callers to my programmes.

Full Article
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

For me, I hate all criminals, whether they work for the state or not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don't hate..people commit crime for different reasons, situations etc.

Comment

We need JFJ. People must talk out and demand justice. too often we want people silenced because we don't like what they are saying.

We only need their help when things happen to us. I personally don't think they are right on all issues but they have bought some real issues to the front. Long live JFJ.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X