No announcement yet.

Cooper on Kartel's guilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one minor difference. "her view reflect the real Jamaica", So what if it don't?

We have to live with people of different view even if it is minority and if it reflect the majority doesn't necessarily mean it has weight.

Not supporting her been fired.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      I must have missed the mass firings after the Ice T lecture tour?

Ice-T, born Tracy Marrow, left the violent and crime-infested streets of South Central Los Angeles to become one of the biggest and most controversial influences in rap music. He formed his own production company in 1985 and was nomminated for a Grammy Award in 1990 for his hit single "New Jack Hustler".

In celebration of Black History Month in 1993, Ice-T toured several universities, including Harvard, Stanford and NYU, lecturing on the state of first amendment rigths and civil liberties in this country. Previously, Ice-T has testified before Congress and has spoken to high school students against drug abuse and gang violence. He also had starring roles in several films including New Jack City, Ricochet and Trespass.

"Ice-T's candor was refreshing, though often painful... to prevent him from being heard would be to lose access to a voice that is powerfull among America's young urban warriers."
      Charles Ogletree
      Associate Professor
      Harvard Law School

"We were extremely pleased with the amount of cooperation and professionalism that Ice-T displayed. The event was sold out to an audience of pleased listeners... Thanks again for a great show!"
      Becky Yeagle
      Lectures Committee
      New York University

"(The Ice-T Lecture) was the most successful program our commitee has ever been involved with. He generated a lot of excitement on campus, was wonderful to work with, and presented an excellent program."
      Cori Phelan
      News & Views Chairperson
      University of FLorida
      Are these commentators real university professors? is a joke right?
      Peter R

Comment

Does he say " f**k the police" in that song? or is it my imagination? LOL
        Peter R

Comment

Unfortunately those folks accused of heinous crimes are not DJ superstars whose stories will sell any extra newspapers or garner additional listeners... if he were so smart he'd figure that out easy Mrs Cooper; life ain't fair, we are not all dealt the same hand...
          Peter R

Comment

all now i dont see what carolyn cooper duh wrong inna de article... she said she had expressed doubts about his guilt... she gave the foundation of her sentiment, which is not unlike many in jamaica and abroad... and, she recounts some letters with 'guilty with explanation' and contrasted it with kartels definitive proclamation of innocence...

i still do not see what ms. cooper did to raise the ire of so many people... i do think she is unknowningly being manipulated by kartel... the only thing she can do for him is to publish his letter... i see nothing wrong with that... he is still innocent, under the law...

i met carolyn cooper and her sister in january and she was a nice and pleasant person... she means well...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

i agree with you lazie... nothing wrong with kartel invited to give a lecture... ex-cons do it in the states all the time...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

The problem with Carolyn Cooper is she too black.

Let's stop going round the mulberry bush!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Celebrity and fame cuts both ways.

Look like Kartel neva watch Behind the Music. LOL.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                  X