The Associated Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Associated Press

The Washington Post is reporting that a recently conducted interview by PM Portia Simpson Miller for the The Associated Press suggests a referendum on breaking ties with the Monarchy and replacing the Queen as Head of State could take place this year, during the preparations for the celebration of the country's 50th year of independence from Britain.

Bloomberg

According to a Bloomberg report, PM Portia Simpson-Miller says that #Jamaica would benefit from a Greek-styled bailout as it begins negotiations for a new loan agreement with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). “If we could get a bailout like Greece, lord have mercy, you would see Jamaica grow and flourish,” said PM Simpson-Miller in an interview yesterday in Montego Bay, St. James, during the Jamaica Investment Forum. The Prime Minister says that Jamaica would never be able to reach the same level as Greece but she is hopeful that the island will gain the same considerations from other countries or the IMF.

Comment

We would need to cut a lot of waste & inefficiency from our budget to be remotely considered for a bailout.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well we just a realise what position we are in.

I wonder if they realise how the civil servants in Greece had to take 20% cut, pension cuts and lay off to even agree to any deals plus raise in land taxes and others.

I thought the IMF was asking us to do some cuts and tax increases. Will the same people accept it or will the government be uncaring and wicked or the IMF will be the colonial masters?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X