Happy birthday Wadada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday Wadada

Happy 64th birthday to the Man-in-the-hills, the black Wadada, Winston Rodney AKA The Burning Spear. Thanks for keeping the name Marcus Garvey, and the music aliive. Keep up the great work brother Spear.

Respect due all the time....had the privilege of seeing him live and uncut when he first came out (buss) back in the day....with "Foggy Road" - from the hills of St Anns...I remember him in a 'crepe' that had visible red dirt stains and when he sang... I said this is the real thing....tried to see him live in Miami once...got lost (missed turn) and missed show....can't recall if I saw him again...old age...
    One of my favourites.

Comment

If you saw him live when Foggy Road buss a road, yuh mussi a senior citizen.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Great work of art Foggy Road

Comment

Hmm, my first Spear purchase was the "Live In Paris" double album.
          The "Chant Down Babylon" 33 track double CD is one my favorites. I recall hanging out with some friends at Coxsone's Music City, Brooklyn in the late 90s. I was like a kid in a candy store and I spent about $200 on music that day & bought one of Spear's earlier albums, "Rocking Time".
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

No watch no face! I was a student.....so yu muss respect yu elders!lol.

Comment

Get "Man in the Hills" classic.

Comment

Working...
              X