Crime down in St. Catherine North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime down in St. Catherine North

The St. Catherine North Police say in the last week only two murders were reported across the division.

This after a series of operations involving the Jamaica Defence Force and the Mobile Reserve aimed at stemming the increase in major crimes in the division.

Police statistics show that since the start of the year, 30 murders have been recorded in the St. Catherine North Division, which is four more than was recorded over the corresponding period last year.

There were 165 murders islandwide in the first seven weeks of this year, an increase of 30 over the corresponding period last year.

However, Senior Superintendent Anthony Castelle, who heads the St. Catherine North Division, said the operations, which included curfews, spot checks and targeted raids, have led to a reduction in major crimes in the division.

Castelle said 19 men, most of whom are linked to some of the major gangs operating in the division, were arrested for crimes ranging from murders, shootings and robberies.

In a statement released last evening, he said three firearms and 30 rounds of ammunition were also seized during the operations.

Senior Superintendent Castelle said the operations will continue and he has sought to assure that the police will operate in a professional manner.

Why don't you allow Lazie and Sass to do their job!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you want credit when good happen but love share the bad eeehhh.

you can't have it both ways.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bravo...right direction.

Comment

War not exclusive to labourite since election.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ns-aim-for-war
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

wha mi say?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X