Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Government defends board appointments

The Government defends board appointments

The government has come out in staunch defence of its appointment of persons to boards and heads of agencies in the last few weeks.
    There have been criticisms in some quarters that several of the persons appointed to boards as chairpersons and heads of agencies are known supporters of the People's National Party.
    The government has also been criticised that the selection is based on political affiliation and not qualification.
    But fielding questions at Wednesday morning's Jamaica House media briefing, Information Minister Sandrea Falconer said administrations select persons who are loyal to its cause and who at the same time display competence.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Tun up the ting pon dem Sandra and set them straight.

I saw her at LIAJA annual meeting earlier this month.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

LoL, how Pickersgillian!

Pretense is over now...JLPNP ah guh do straight genetic appoinments.

Soshal contrak not on the agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        LoL, how Pickersgillian!

Pretense is over now...JLPNP ah guh do straight genetic appoinments.

Soshal contrak not on the agenda.
        The list of board members is termite infested... in some cases the infestation may be terminal to the agencies involved

There are some notable exceptions like my favorite Math teacher and now friend Mrs Yvonne Sobers-McCalla now heading E-Learning Jamaica (Yvonne, i take total responsibility for my ineptitude in the subject)

How providential an appointment at this critical time
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What is new here? Isn't this always the case. Board members are generally there to see that the ruling party gets their way? Are all these appointees inept?

Comment

Not saying it's new... just that it's unfortunate and backward

The way of the ruling party is often not the best way to progress

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The problem is Jamaicans are still waiting for a gov't that will be actually new and different. The last one that claimed to be so didn't turn out so well.

Comment

The opposition always seem to have the best ideas and take the high road...until they are in power. The thing is though, we cry loud when we have political appointees in Jamaica, for other countries, we don't. We say - "they are more mature".
                There must be some guidelines on the number of so-called 'political appointees'. In the absence of party cards or party registration, how does one discern these? Of recent note is a so-called neutral man of integrity who turned out to be not so nuetral after all, threw his hat in the ring, lost it and retreated quickly from the limelight....

Comment

It's because we have no respect for our institutions...we tear them down...we disrespect the professionals and then appoint 'politicians'.

Comment

A so the thing set. If them do the job fine with me, if they can't then time to go.

Government have to choose their people, just as long as they PERFORM.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ok boss..agreed

Comment

..and there is where we fail...in evaluating PERFORMANCE and make people accountable...is like a man tell yu him 10 woman...and tink a him one a do de wuk.

Comment

People who are political appointees have to realise that when their government is no longer in power they should give the new people the courtesy of choosing their people.

That is why I can't understand what the fuss was about when some people don't want to step down when their party lose and in some cases try to undermine the incoming minister.

Comment

Some like the power, some don't think they were political. Guidelines and practice don't work in Jamaica...it has to be in law...and even then...

Comment

That is the point.
                              Fi do real soshal contrak wei haffi start somewhere..why not now?

Comment

Working...
                              X