DOW went over 13K yessiday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOW went over 13K yessiday...

...Willi and the rest of the forum investment experts did not bat-an-eye!

It happens often enough I guess. Last time 2008 a think.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Boss, been watching it fi a while. Wha yuh say 14,000 by the end of 2012? Good news yes, and watch the economy rebound.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The irony is that lots of folks STILL have not recovered much of the losses from their 401k.

The people who are 'bathing'--are those who bought stocks when the market was down during the recession...

HL

Comment

Those who still are showing a major loss in thier 401K must have sold at or near the bottom and stayed out all the way back up to where it is today. The major indexes have basically doubled since they hit rockbottom.

I guess now them will start buy since it is about to top out again.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Didnt it drop over 300 pts a week or 2 ago?

Like a yo-yo...

Comment

".....drop over"....Willi?

HL

Comment

Tell dem fi me, I have recovered all my losses since 2008 in my 401K. As a matter of fact, when the market crashed I became more aggressive in my investing and my 401K is looking good now.

Some people in my office sold everything, and moved their investments into bond funds which give a measly 3% annual return, and dem missed the significant market gains.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

??????????

Comment

Maybe you need fi seek the 3% now?

Comment

Naw, mi inna this ting fi the long term. I might reconsider if the Greek bailout ting collapse which would result in long term ripple effects across global markets.

Comment

What about di fuss bombing run over iran?

Comment

Fi real, when that happen the market going to drop bout 300 points. The Israelis have dem hand pon the trigger right now. Iran already cutting off dem oil to the EU with gas prices expected fi reach $5/gallon by the summer. Which other worldwide event ago blow fi we way?

Comment

Dat is the $401K question...

Comment

No celebration of the DOW for me - I'm still stuck with my worthless Value shares
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                            X