X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil servants accept 8% cut in salary

Civil servants accept 8% cut in salary

Bermuda's Premier & Finance Minister, Paula Cox

Bermudian civil servants have reportedly agreed to an eight per cent pay cut for a year.
    This is in response to a request made by Premier and Finance Minister, Paula Cox. The cut will be offset by a freeze on employee pension contributions.
    In addition, government is also expected to take a break from its part of pension contributions, resulting in a $31 million saving over a 12-month period.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

well, i knew from the byline that it wasn't JA!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

can you imagine a same way RJR reported it. I don't know if them sending a message or what.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        well, i knew from the byline that it wasn't JA!
        You shoulda see mi YEYE dem a pop outta mi head, when I saw the byline!
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Bermuda legislators agree to 17.5% pay cut

Bermuda legislators agree to 17.5% pay cut

(Royal Gazette): One Bermuda Alliance Leader Craig Cannonier yesterday insisted that Cabinet Ministers should bear the brunt of pay cuts. “The One Bermuda Alliance supports a pay cut for Ministers because they are the people in charge of the Government from policy to operations. It is Cabinet Ministers who run the Government, no one else,” Mr Cannonier said. “They are where the buck is supposed to stop.” His statement came hours after receiving a well publicised letter from Premier Paula Cox asking whether his party’s legislators would agree to a scheme which would see their take home pay drop by five percent.

http://www.caymannewsservice.com/wor...ee-175-pay-cut
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X