Jamaica taxes and charges,..plenty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica taxes and charges,..plenty!

Someone had asked about departure taxes from JA the other day... well that is only part of it... for me and my son the toal charges levied by Jamaica on our two tickets amounts to almost $150USD!!! or $75US per person!! wow...eff mi did know mi woudah guh Ft Lauderdale!!

Is this in line with other countries?? If it is I'll be quiet but I heard "them" complaining about some tax that England (UK?) imposes on departing passengers to JA...

I see TT levied a total of $45 or $22.50 per person which I assume was their old departure tax which is built into the ticket... VAT I will ignore as we pay that on most things we consume...

And can someone tell me what is the seemmingly arbitrary "Carrier Imposed Surcharges"??? WTF seems like is just a likkle; well mek we tek a likkle brawta pon de fare...

Anyway, if one wants to visit the motherland this is the price we have to pay... I suppose I could have blown $150 US on a carnival fete as that's where they are approaching, so if I avoid two fetes or more I'm actually saving money..

Passenger Fare Total 2 Adults USD 328.00 USD 656.00 Surcharge
    Carrier Imposed Surcharges (YQ) USD 72.00
    Tax
    Trinidad and Tobago: Concourse Fee (DD) USD 15.00
    Trinidad and Tobago: Passenger Service Charge (KT) USD 31.20
    Trinidad & Tobago: Value Added Tax (TT) USD 98.40
    Jamaica: Passenger Service & Security Fee (EK) USD 26.02
    Jamaica: Airport Improvement Fee (EL) USD 20.00
    Jamaica: Tourism Enhancement Fee (HG) USD 40.00
    Jamaica: Passenger Facility Charge (JT) USD 6.00
    Jamaica: Passenger Aviation Service Charge (UC) USD 16.00
    Jamaica: Travel Tax (WD) USD 41.80
    TOTAL TRIP COST USD 1,022.42
    Peter R

Eeek

Comment

wow!!!!

Mi think the Airport them private, how come we a pay fi the improvement fees?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thats what you get for booking late...book online shldnt cost more than US$315....smthing wrong....

Comment

I booked from Jan 19 for Feb 18... anyway... enjoy your Carnival... and like Mdmx I will be out of touch on the forum unless I can get some free internet somewhere in Ochi.
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X